Pumpkin Slab Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Pumpkin Slab Pie is the perfect fall dessert for a crowd! Creamy pumpkin pie on top of a buttery homemade crust, top it with whipped cream or serve a la mode!
Pumpkin Pie is the ultimate Thanksgiving dessert. With Thanksgiving less than a month a way its time to start planning out our menu and I know this pumpkin slab pie is going on mine! If you’re having a crowd for Thanksgiving dinner, this is perfect because now you don’t have to make multiple pies!
Hi everyone, its Aimee from Like Mother, Like Daughter here! I am so excited to be joining The Slow Roasted Italian team as a monthly contributor. Keep your eye out for my new recipes every month, you can expect to see lots of heartwarming recipes, and lots of rich desserts, because I have the biggest sweet tooth ever!
Pumpkin Slab Pie
I love pumpkin desserts all autumn long and this pumpkin slab pie is making its way up there as one of my all time favorites! Don’t forget to top it with a big spoonful of homemade whipped cream!
Make sure that you don’t overfill the pie with filling. I know you’ll want to use every last drop of that delicious pumpkin pie filling, but if you fill it too high you risk the filling spilling as you carry the pan to the oven or overflowing around the crust. Depending on how deep your pan is, you might not need to use all of the filling – it spreads a teeny bit as it’s baked.
WHERE TO ORDER:
???? Amazon ???? Barnes & Noble ???? Books-a-Million ???? IndieBound
Helpful Tips to make Pumpkin Slab Pie:
What you will need to make Pumpkin Slab Pie:
- Jelly Roll Pans (baking sheets with sides) – used for everything from cookies to roasting, a good baking pan will last for years.
- Mixing Bowls – I like a variety of mixing bowls and prep bowls and this set has them all.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Check out more of our favorite dessert recipes:
Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie
Pumpkin Slab Pie
For the Pie Crust
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tables spoons cold butter, 3 sticks + 2 tablespoons , cubed
- 3/4 cup ice water
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 29 ounce can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling(or 2-15 oz cans)
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
For the Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons water or milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
To Make the Pumpkin Pie Crust
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add in the butter pieces. Using a pastry cutter (or two forks – though its much harder), cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs, with some pea sized pieces.
- Drizzle the cold water in about 1 tablespoon at a time and stir with a rubber spatula. Continue kneading the dough together with your holds until the flour and butter are fully incorporated together into a nice dough. It shouldn’t be too sticky.
- Separate about 1/4 of the dough (this will be for the top decorative leaves if you want them. Flatten each section into 1 inch thick discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 2 hours.
To Make the Pumpkin Pie Filling
- In a large bowl combine your pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt and eggs. Stir until mixed. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge till needed.
To Make the Pumpkin Slab Pie
- Remove the larger piece of pie crust from the fridge. Roll that out evenly into an approximately 18×13 rectangle. Place the pie crust into a greased 10×15 jelly roll pan (it should be about 1inch thick so you can fit more of the filling) Smooth the crust so it fits into the corners and crimp the edges with your fingers.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the crust. Carefully place the pie in the oven to bake, make sure not to spill any of the filling. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the middle is barely jiggly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack completely.
- Roll out the second disc of pie crust to be about 1/8 inch thick. Using leaf or pumpkin shaped cookie cuters, cut into the shapes. Cut veins with a sharp knife if desired. Brush each with egg wash (beat egg and water together in a small bowl). Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and place on pie when serving.
- Serve pie with fresh whipped cream.
- Cover any leftovers and store in the fridge for 5-6 days.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
I have become increasingly fond of slab pies versus round. This is marvelous and the recipe itself is wonderful.
Thanks so much, Patte!!!
I have my own pumpkin recipe I'd like to do this with but not sure if this would be a 1 pie or if it's a 2 pie filling.
This was such a good pumpkin pie recipe! Such a rich pumpkin flavor!
YIKES!!!! I’m ready to pre-heat the oven and there is no mention of oven temp!!! HELP!!
Sorry about that, 375 degrees F. Enjoy!
TSRI Team Member,