Nutella Cheesecake is a chocolate-hazelnut lover’s dream! Smooth cheesecake filling is nestled between an Oreo cookie crust and creamy ganache for one luxurious dessert. This Nutella cheesecake no bake recipe comes together in just 20 minutes — just pop it in the fridge to chill until set!
If you’re looking for an easy dessert that will knock the socks off of your guests, this is it!!
Chocolate and hazelnut flavors are woven into every layer of this luscious cheesecake, along with a symphony of texture to boot.
And the best part about this Nutella cheesecake recipe is that it’s a no bake dessert!
No struggling with water baths or cracked surfaces — just assemble, chill, and decorate. Easy peasy.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Cookie Crust – A simple blend of crushed Oreos, melted butter, and a little bit of cream cheese.
Feel free to use chocolate graham crackers or another crisp chocolate cookie if you prefer.
- Nutella – The star of the show! You’ll use this smooth chocolate hazelnut spread in both the filling and the whipped cream topping.
- Powdered Sugar – You could use granulated sugar for the filling instead, but it will likely have a heavier and slightly gritty texture.
However, you will also need this for the whipped cream, so best to have a package on hand!
- Vanilla Extract – For a more complex flavor — and to enhance the nuttiness of this dessert — replace ¼ teaspoon of this with almond extract.
- Toppings – These are entirely optional but really put this Nutella cheesecake over the top.
Ferrero Rocher are crispy chocolate hazelnut candies that tie in beautifully with the dessert’s flavors, and chopped hazelnuts add extra texture and crunch.
Nutella Cheesecake Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Soften ingredients before getting started.
Transfer the tub of Cool Whip to the refrigerator at least 4-5 hours before you plan on making Nutella cheesecake, but the night before is best.
If you’re short on time (or forgot!), you can float the sealed tub in a bowl of cold water for 30-45 minutes instead.
Also, soften the cream cheese on the counter to ensure the cheesecake filling is lump-free.
- Don’t forget to chill the crust!
All you have to do is pop it in the fridge while you work on the filling. This step is crucial to ensure that the crust doesn’t fall apart when sliced.
If you really want to make sure that it’s set, you can pop it in the freezer instead.
- Use a piping bag to decorate your no bake Nutella cheesecake.
While it’s certainly not required, it will make the job easier and create a bakery-level presentation!
Simply snip off the end or try out different piping tips — any star tip is a great choice.
Storing and Freezing No Bake Nutella Cheesecake
Wrap the whole cheesecake in plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight cake carrier. If already decorated, insert toothpicks near the toppings to keep the plastic off of them.
Slices can also be stored in an airtight container. Either way, no bake Nutella cheesecake will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
To freeze, place the dessert in the freezer (uncovered) for a few hours until firm.
Then, wrap in plastic wrap and another layer of foil. Slices can go straight into an airtight container.
Store Nutella cheesecake for up to 3 months in the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Springform Pan – This Nutella cheesecake no bake recipe was written for a 9-inch pan. If yours is larger or smaller, scale the recipe up or down accordingly.
- Mixing Bowls – I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
- Whisks or Hand Mixer for both the filling and whipped cream.
- A sturdy silicone spatula can be used for scraping, stirring, and smoothing and is easy to clean too!
Nutella Cheesecake No Bake FAQ
While Cool Whip is awfully convenient, you can make your own if you have a few extra minutes on your hands.
Combine 16 ounces of heavy whipping cream with ¼ cup of powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla in a large bowl — chilled stainless steel is best. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form, then use as directed in the recipe.
Yes! You can chill the fully assembled dessert up to 24 hours in advance. Any longer and it’s best to decorate with whipped cream and toppings just before serving.
If you plan to freeze your Nutella cheesecake, wait to add the toppings. Place the whole dessert in the freezer for a few hours, until firm, then tightly wrap in several layers of plastic wrap and foil.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then make the whipped cream just before decorating along with Ferrero Rocher candies and hazelnuts.
Yes, but you will either need to halve this Nutella cheesecake recipe or split the ingredients between two pie plates.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other No Bake Dessert Recipes
Nutella Cheesecake (No Bake Recipe!)
- 27 original Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces melted cream cheese
- 16 ounces blocks cream cheese, softened at room temperature, 2 8 ounce blocks
- 2 cups Nutella
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces heavy cream
Nutella Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 12 Ferrero Rocher candies, to garnish
- Chopped hazelnuts, to garnish
- Make the crust: Mix together the Oreos, butter, and cream cheese and press the mixture into the bottom of a parchment paper lined springform pan. Let it chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Make the filling: Whisk together the cool whip, cream cheese, Nutella, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Pour the filling into the Oreo crust and smooth it out with a spatula. Place it in your refrigerator to set while you make the ganache.
- Make the ganache: Heat the heavy cream in the microwave for 45 seconds (you can also heat it on the stovetop over medium-low heat until barely simmering). Place the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl and pour the hot heavy cream over them. Let the mixture sit for 2-3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. You can pop it back into the microwave for 10 seconds if needed. Make sure you are stirring very well after removing it from the microwave because chocolate tends to burn easily and become lumpy. Pour it over the cheesecake filling and spread evenly with a spatula or spoon.
- Chill: Pop the cheesecake in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours. 2 hours before serving, remove the springform pan and thaw the cheesecake in your refrigerator. This will help the cheesecake keep its shape so you can remove the springform pan.
- Make the whipped cream: whip the Nutella into the Cool Whip with the powdered sugar.
- Decorate: Once the cheesecake filling has set, transfer it to a cake platter. Pipe the Nutella whipped cream over the top and decorate with Ferrero Rochers and chopped hazelnuts.
- Chill: Return the cake to the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.