My Munchkin (now approaching 3 years old) loves her snacks and desserts. Finding something new and exciting to meet her ever evolving picky palate is a challenge. But, one that is fun and exciting to meet!
We are so blessed to have such a wonderful child. She is always happy and well behaved. Her one enemy that changes everything is SUGAR. Seemingly small amounts of processed sugar and she turns into the wild child.
So when we want a sweet treat, we turn to fruit and try to limit the sugar. I created these incredible Fruit and Nut Bars that are perfectly sweetened with fruit and honey. A sweet oatmeal crust topped with fruit and nuts is just what you need to satisfy a craving for something sweet. You are going to love them and your kids will too!.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Healthy Recipes
Munchkins Healthy Fruit and Nut Bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8×8 baking sheet by spraying it with non stick cooking spray or rubbing with butter. Then, line it with parchment paper coming up the sides of the pan.
- In a heat safe bowl melt butter in microwave. Stir 2 tablespoons of honey until melted. Add oatmeal and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place an 8×8 piece of parchment over mixture. Using your fingers or a pastry roller, firmly and evenly press into the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned around the edges.
- While the crust is baking combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, including the remaining 1/4 cup of honey. Stir well until completely combined. Pour mixture over baked crust and distribute evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center of the fruit nut mixture is set. Remove pan to a cooling rack and cool completely. Remove from pan using the flaps of the parchment paper and cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.