Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Instant Pot baked potatoes come out perfectly fluffy and are ready in a flash. Prepare these for dinner or an easy side with little cleanup!
Quick, easy, and hands-off? Now, that’s my kind of recipe!
Not only do I have instructions for baked potatoes in the Instant Pot, but you can learn how to prepare these with an air fryer or smoker as well.
While you’re here, take a look at some of my other pressure cooker recipes – there are several full meal options as well as easy, tender corn on the cob.
How To Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Add water to the pressure cooker, then stack the cleaned spuds on the trivet inside. Sprinkle with seasoning before securing the lid and sealing the vent.
Set it for Manual cooking on High pressure for 15 minutes. It will take some time to come to pressure before the timer starts counting down.
When the time is up, open the valve for a quick release before removing the lid. Remove each potato, cool for a few minutes, and serve with all of your favorite toppings!
Tips and Tricks
- Poke plenty of holes! Unlike recipes for the microwave or oven, you will want to pierce these all over so there are plenty of vents for the steam. Use a knife, not a fork, to be sure that the punctures are deep enough.
- Avoid burns. Be careful when venting since it releases a lot of steam. I also recommend using tongs to remove the spuds since the metal liner will be very hot.
- Still firm in the center? The size of each potato can affect how it turns out, so try to choose ones that are similar. If any of your Instant Pot baked potatoes aren’t tender all the way through, just put them back in for a few more minutes.
- Storing leftovers: Cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What toppings are good with Instant Pot baked potatoes?
Anything that you would normally add! Stick with the classics like butter, salt, sour cream, and chives, or add some crispy bacon pieces so it’s extra savory.
If you really want to load it up, here are some other tasty options. I love setting up a potato bar with all kinds of toppings so guests can create their own combinations!
- Shredded cheese
- Pulled pork
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Alfredo sauce
- Barbecue chicken
- Caramelized onions
Can I cook more than five baked potatoes in the Instant Pot at once?
While there may be room for one or two more, each potato will increase the amount of time needed for them to cook through.
If you need a large quantity, I recommend cooking them in batches to guarantee that they are perfectly soft in the center.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Garlic
Best Ever Garlic Roasted Broccoli
Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 5 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour the water into a 6-quart instant pot and set the trivet in the bottom.
- Poke 20-25 deep holes into each potato using a knife then set each of them onto the trivet.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper onto each of the potatoes then cover the pot with the lid.
- Seal the quick release valve on top then set the pressure to high and cook for 15 minutes.
- When ready, carefully use a wooden handled utensil to push the quick release nozzle on top and let the steam escape.
- Carefully remove the potatoes from the pot and once they are cool enough to handle, slice them open.
- Push the sides of the potatoes in to form a pocket in the center then serve with your favorite baked potato toppings such as butter, sour cream, cooked and chopped bacon and freshly chopped chives.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
You can never go wrong with potatoes, and it gets even easier with the instant pot. So easy to throw in the instant pot after work while I take a shower