One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is to take a culinary inspiration and turn it into something else. Like our 4 Layer Pizza Dip: the inspiration of pizza turned into a fun dip / casserole. I have been having a lot of fun with desserts and our Crazy Caramel Apple Pie bombs are a perfect example of that.
But now our a sweet treat that is famous in New Orleans has been transformed into the Caramel Temptations Bananas Foster Monkey Bread. Sweet caramelized bananas are the show of the show in this dessert fit for a special occasion but easy enough to make right now. Click through for the recipe.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Pull Apart Bread Recipes
Bananas Foster Monkey Bread
- 11 ounces caramel sauce
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 24 frozen dinner rolls, (unbaked)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium microwave safe bowl. Set aside.
- Place dinner rolls on a microwave safe plate and heat on defrost for about 2 minutes (or until dough is no longer frozen, but not cooked). Cut each roll in quarters.
- Scatter 2 sliced bananas around the bottom of the bundt pan evenly. Drizzle ½ of the caramel sauce over the bananas.
- One at a time roll each piece of dough into a ball and then roll into the cinnamon brown sugar. Repeat until ½ of the dough is in the pan. Slice the 2 remaining bananas and scatter them over the dough. Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce over the bananas.
- Roll the remaining dough into balls and the roll into cinnamon brown sugar mixture. Place them evenly in the pan.
- Add melted butter and vanilla to remaining cinnamon sugar. Whisk to combine. Pour mixture over the rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until bread is golden brown. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Place a plate that is larger than your pan over the bottom and carefully flip it over.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2013.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.