Cheesy Stuffed Tex Mex Burgers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tex Mex burgers are a snap to cook on the grill! Full of Southwestern flavors and a scrumptious, cheesy surprise packed inside! Fire up the grill for an easy dinner tonight!
Burgers are so summery and so simple. I love creating gourmet burgers to surprise my friends with.
Having lived in Arizona for 18 years the love of southwestern flavors has crept into every facet of my cooking. It is no wonder my daughter loves Mexican food, but it snubs my beloved Italian cuisine.
So, I imagine it was only a matter of time before it overtook my grill too. Every time we grill, there seems to be some southwestern flavor on the menu. Try this “Lil Kick” Jalapeno Turkey Burger for a totally different flavor.
Whether it’s seasoned grilled potato wedges, spicy smoked corn on the cob, or margarita chicken, we seem to always have something smoky, spicy or Tex-Mex on the grill. These cheese stuffed burgers are no exception.
Cheese Stuffed Tex Mex Burgers
Truly the epitome of a southwestern burger, the patty is seasoned and loaded with a mixture of Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses, topped with your favorite salsa and served on a toasted bun. This is a gourmet burger unlike anything you have eaten before.
These simple Tex Mex burgers go from prep to plate in less than 30 minutes and will be the star of your get-togethers this summer.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing!
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Make sure you look up these 10 Best Burgers That’ll Rock Your Summer Grilling Menu!
Cheese Stuffed Tex Mex Burgers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 8 ounces Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 large hamburger buns
- In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning and beef. Mix gently just until combined.
- Form mixture into 8 (1/4″ thick) patties. Set aside one cup of cheese for topping. Scoop 2 ounces of the remaining cheese in the center of one patty place a second patty on top. Press the two together and crimp the edges with your fingertips sealing it so the cheese does not leak out. Repeat until all burgers are prepared.
- Make a slight indentation in the center of the burgers to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks.
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 5 minutes), turning once (cook for 4 minutes on the other side for medium). Avoid pressing with a spatula, you don’t want the juice or cheese to escape!
- Carefully add 1 tablespoon of cheese to the top of each burger for the last minute of cooking. Set burger aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Place buns on grill (inside down) for about 1 minute, until they are golden. Remove buns and place 1 tablespoon remaining cheese on top of each bottom bun, then add burger, ¼ cup salsa and top bun.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2013.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Yum, Yum and more YUM!!
love that relish on top!
Looks so delicious, especially the first one. I'm salivating.
That one you did for Parade is HOOOOOOGE! (huge)
A perfect amount of cheese and meat! Couldn’t stop at just one! Juicy and gooey and delicious!
Your burger recipes always come out to restaurant quality! this is no exception. The flavor in this burger is amazing.