Churro Toffee Disney Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Disney churro toffee is a magical combination of all your favorite sweet flavors. Enjoy buttery, sugary bites without ever leaving home!
This is my absolute favorite treat at both Disneyland and Disney World. Seriously, I grab at least 5 on my way home because they keep so well and I can enjoy the magic a little longer.
Now, I can whip up a batch whenever a craving strikes! They make wonderful treats to tuck into gift baskets as well.
You can find several other Disney recipe favorites around here such as churro bites and a creamy Dole Whip!
For something more savory, try these corn dogs or a Monte Cristo sandwich like the one at Cafe Orleans.
Churro Toffee – Tips and Tricks
- Watch the thermometer carefully. That last 25 to 30 degrees jumps quickly, so keep a close eye on it. If the temperature goes over, the sugar will burn and you’ll need to start over.
- Avoid cracks. Press grid lines into the toffee while it is still warm, so it’s easier to break it apart once cooled. It’s fine if it is still partially connected at the base – this will snap apart cleanly since it is thinner.
- Tip for roasting almonds: The process is much quicker when they are chopped first, so don’t skip that step! Remove them from the oven as soon as they are light golden brown and transfer to a bowl or plate. Otherwise, they can burn if they continue to sit on the hot pan.
- Want to save some effort? Instead of dipping individual squares, simply spread the white chocolate over the top and sprinkle the whole pan with cinnamon sugar. Once it is set, break the Disney churro toffee into large pieces. They won’t be uniform in shape, but they’ll still be delicious!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
How should I store Disney churro toffee?
Once it is fully set, transfer the pieces to an airtight container or ziploc storage bag. Keep at room temperature for best results.
If your kitchen is particularly warm, you can store churro toffee in the refrigerator instead. Just let it warm on the counter for a few minutes before taking a bite.
Where can I find melting wafers?
These are typically kept in bags with the cake decorating supplies. They may be labeled as “candy melts” or “candy coating” instead.
Can I use unsalted butter instead?
Yes, but you will need to dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in the pan to make up for it.
What’s the best way to chop almonds?
The simplest method is with a large, sharp knife and cutting board. Chop a handful at a time and switch angles so the pieces are more uniform in size.
Otherwise, a food processor will be the fastest method. Avoid running the blade continuously, as this will cause the nuts to release their oils and form a paste. Instead, pulse until they reach your desired consistency.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Outrageous Cherry Dr Pepper Cake
Churro Toffee Disney Recipe
- 2 cups salted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 20 ounces white chocolate melting wafers, 2 10 ounce packages
- cinnamon sugar, combine 6 tablespoons granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare a half sheet pan or jelly roll pan by lining with parchment paper. This will make a thicker toffee.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt together the butter and sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly to keep the sugar from burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the butter has fully melted, continue cooking over medium heat, stirring frequently and closely monitoring the temperature of the mixture.
- Meanwhile, prepare the almonds by grinding or chopping. Spread chopped almonds on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 3-5 minutes or until the almonds become fragrant and are beginning to brown lightly. Remove roasted almonds from the oven and the hot pan to prevent them from burning. Set aside.
- When the temperature of the sugar/butter mixture reaches 270°F, monitor it very carefully as it will jump in temperature quickly at this point. Stir constantly and cook until the mixture reaches precisely 300°F and then remove it immediately from the stovetop.
- Stir in the vanilla extract (mixture will bubble up) and the chopped, roasted almonds.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Allow the toffee to cool just slightly (1-2 minutes) until it thickens enough to hold its shape when separated. Use a spatula or plastic knife to create lines in the toffee – separating it into 12 squares. Go over the same lines a couple times if needed to make sure it is mostly separated. The toffee wil snap apart along the lines if some of it is still connected.
- Allow toffee to cool completely – placed in the freezer, it will cool in about 15 minutes. Once cold, break apart the toffee pieces.
- Blot any excess butter or loose nuts from the cooled toffee. Prepare another sheet pan with parchment paper and set near your work space. Be sure the cinnamon sugar mixture is nearby also.
- Place melting wafers in a shallow bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each toffee piece into the white chocolate, coating it on each side and tapping excess chocolate back into the bowl.
- Hold the dipped toffee over the bowl of cinnamon sugar and use a spoon to sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the wet chocolate.
- Place coated toffee piece onto parchment lined sheet pan. Continue dipping toffee squares and coating with cinnamon sugar.
- Allow the chocolate to set up completely. You can speed up set time by placing the sheet pan in the refrigerator or freezer.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
These are so quick and easy to make, and absolutely delicious! Love making these as a sweet treat for my kids and family.