Olive salad piled high on a toasted Ciabatta bun. Topped with a scrumptious burger and layers of Italian meats and cheeses. What do you call it? Besides delicious…
You know how much we love burgers around here. We have even been called the King and Queen of burgers so it probably comes as no surprise that we are thrilled to be partnering with Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board to bring you this fabulous cheeseburger and giveaway.
It’s all part of the Cheese & Burger Society’s Name That Cheeseburger Giveaway where you can win some great prizes if the name you come up with for this amazing burger is chosen as this week’s winner!
Contest details below the recipe
Thinking of an unique burger that is spectacular and a sight for sore eyes is pretty easy when you have a passion for it. I have been so in love with a sandwich I had in New Orleans called the Muffaletta, that I can not get it out of my mind this summer.
So I took all of the fabulous flavors of the olive salad and Italian meat and cheeses and crafted this fantastic burger. Incorporating some of my favorite flavors into this amazing burger recipe was not the hard part. The really challenging part was only eating one burger.
3 varieties of olives, red peppers and Italian pickled vegetables are tossed with a seasoned oil and vinegar dressing to create this grand slam of an olive salad. It becomes more flavorful at it sits, so feel free to make it the day before.
A perfectly cooked burger is just the beginning of the meat and cheese-a-palooza going on here. Genoa salami, capicolla and mortadella are layered with Wisconsin provolone and Wisconsin mozzarella to create a cornucopia of burger and Italian flavors. You are going to go nuts over this one!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Amazing Burger Recipes
- 4 beef patties, 8 ounces each patty
- 4 medium thick slices Genoa salami
- 4 medium thick slices Capicolla, Italian ham
- 4 medium thick slices Mortadella
- 8 medium slices Wisconsin provolone cheese
- 8 medium slices Wisconsin mozzarella cheese
- 4 ciabatta buns, sliced and toasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 ounce jar Roasted red peppers, chopped
- 8 ounce jar Italian mix giardiniera, chopped
- Preheat grill to high.
- Prepare the olive salad: In a medium bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Whisk until well combined. Set aside. Chop remaining olive salad ingredients and add to bowl. Toss well until combined and coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (up to overnight).
- Meanwhile: Prepare the cheeseburger: Sprinkle beef patty with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill patties about 3 minutes on the first side until browned and slightly charred. Cook for about 5 minutes on the second side for medium. Take off grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cover bottom half of bun with ¼ cup of olive salad. Place burger on top. Layer cheeses and meats and place bun on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Every Monday through the end of August Wisconsin Cheese and The Cheese & Burger Society
will be launching a new giveaway contest. From a Weber grill to
authentic Green Bay Packers gear, it’s eight weeks of prizes to get you
in prime shape for football season. But above all, visit https://www.CheeseAndBurger.com to enter the Green Bay Packers Football Sweepstakes for a chance to win an all-inclusive trip for two to a Packers game at Lambeau Field.
This week the Cheese & Burger Society is giving away a portable Weber Grill and official Cheese & Burger Society Swag!
To enter, suggest your most creative name for the cheeseburger as a comment over on the Cheese & Burger Society Facebook page today through Sunday August 10th and you could be chosen as our winner!
How to Enter: Visit the Cheese & Burger Society Facebook page and leave a comment on the “Hello my name is _____” post with your cheeseburger name suggestion.
- Entrants must be U.S. residents.
- Entries are limited to one per household.
- One entry will be chosen at random.
- Entry period ends Sunday, August 24th, at 5 p.m. EST.
- The winner will be chosen and announced within the same Facebook post on Monday, August 25th, 2014.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.