The Taco Bell burrito supreme is a popular menu item that can easily be made at home. Skip the drive thru and try this recipe for dinner tonight!
Feed the whole family their takeout favorites without the takeout prices! Even better, this recipe uses fresh ingredients so you can feel good about what you’re eating too.
Looking for more copycat recipes? You’ll find dozens of options from all of your favorite fast food and sit down restaurants.
How To Make A Taco Bell Burrito Supreme
Start by browning the ground beef on the stove. Chop it up as it cooks, then let it simmer with taco seasoning and a little bit of water.
Meanwhile, heat the tortillas, beans, and red sauce in the microwave and chop up the produce.
Assemble each one by layering the fillings down the center of each tortilla. Then, fold the two sides over all of the ingredients before rolling it up!
What’s great about this recipe is that everyone can personalize their own with different amounts and combinations of beans, meat, sauce, and toppings.
Just keep in mind that larger portions of each filling may make it more difficult to roll up your Taco Bell burrito supreme!
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Skip a step. I love to prepare a big batch of ground beef to have on hand.
Simply add the taco seasoning while it cooks and portion it out before freezing, then warm before spooning into your Taco Bell supreme burrito!
- Warm the tortillas. Don’t skip this simple step – it helps keep all of the fillings warm and prevents cracking when you roll it all together.
- Heat the beans and sauce too! Not only will they be easier to spread, but the warmth will melt down the cheese when added.
- Want the perfect texture? Be sure to chop up the meat really well while it is cooking. In fact, you can pulse it in a food processor or blender to get it just like the fast food version.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What makes it a burrito supreme?
The addition of seasoned beef and fresh veggies plus a dollop of sour cream is what puts this a step above regular bean and cheese burritos.
Is a Taco Bell supreme burrito good as leftovers?
You can store assembled burritos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. I would recommend leaving off the sour cream until just before serving.
Or, prepare all of the ingredients and store them in individual containers so all you need to do is put one together when it’s time to eat!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
MORE MEXICAN RECIPES
Taco Bell Burrito Supreme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1/2 cup red sauce, or desired amount
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely diced white onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup sour cream, for garnish
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat, using a chopper or wooden spoon to chop into very small pieces.
- Add taco seasoning and water; stir and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat flour tortillas in the microwave until warm and pliable (about 20 seconds).
- Heat refried beans and red sauce in separate bowls.
- Place a warmed tortilla in front of you. Spread a large spoonful (about ⅙ of the meat) of the warm meat in a line centered in the tortilla (leave room for folding in the sides).
- Spread refried beans over the meat.
- Next, spread as much red sauce as you like over the meat and beans.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and onions.
- Add black olive slices and drizzle with sour cream.
- Fold in the two sides over the burrito filling. Roll up and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.