Chocolate Covered Bananas are the ultimate treat. A creamy banana covered in a luscious chocolate coating and dipped in your favorite topping. Perfect for an after school treat!
Coming up with treats for my Munchkin are always fun. But planning treats for parties is purely exciting. As I mentioned before my 3 year old is on a sprinkle kick. I am pretty sure if you put sprinkles on Brussel sprouts she would eat them, well maybe not. But, every dessert I make now has sprinkles, the Funfetti Sugar Cookie Dough Dip that we created recently was loaded with sprinkles.
I decided to make her sprinkle dreams come true with a little nod to healthy options. We actually made these same Chocolate Covered Banana Treats for her Elmo Birthday Party last year but cut them into smaller bites. Seriously when you have an entire food TENT no one wants big portions. They want to try a little of everything.
This time though I dipped these in the new Homemade Magic Shell. Let me tell you… They are insane. We chose 2 flavors; milk chocolate and white chocolate. We also chose 2 toppings; sprinkles and chopped peanuts. My munchkin loves to be next to me in the kitchen. She has her own stool that she pulls out and she stands right next to me. Often, she wears her apron and chef’s hat or will bring her own measuring spoons and rolling pin.
What a fun time she and I had dipping and decorating these bananas for our little summer party. These Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Treats are the perfect dessert for the kids and the adults devoured them too!
What is your favorite thing to cook with your kids?
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Frozen Treat Recipes
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Treats
- 6 bananas
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, use unrefined coconut oil for added coconut flavor
- toppings of choice, sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, mini M&M’s, mini chocolate chips, crushed candies
- Slice bananas in half. Slide popsicle stick inside banana about 1/2 way, being careful not to puncture the side of the banana. If you do, just slide it out a little and try again. (Once its dipped, you will never notice).
- Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Combine chocolate and oil in a wide microwave safe bowl, heat at 30 second intervals until chips are almost completely melted. Stir to combine and allow to cool. Transfer to a tall mason jar.
- Pour toppings onto plates or wide bowls.
- One at a time, dip banana in melted chocolate and immediately toss in desired topping. Transfer back to cookie sheet and repeat until all bananas are decorated.
- Freeze until set (about 30 minutes) or until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.