Crockpot White Chicken Chili
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili is an easy dinner recipe idea for busy weeknights. Tender chicken slow cooked with zesty spices and white beans – topped with cheese, chips, cilantro and sour cream. Yum!
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Sometimes it’s nice to mix things up and serve a white chili instead of a traditional tomato based one. There’s something special about the way all the flavors meld together into a yummy comforting dinner that’s sooo easy.
It’s Erin from Suburban Simplicity back this month with a family-favorite for you! We love this Crockpot White Chicken Chili because it’s so easy and also delicious the next day for lunch!
This recipe couldn’t be more simple. I just got a new crockpot because my previous one was worn out from so much use! This was the first recipe I couldn’t wait to make in the new one. The next will be my kid’s favorite – Crockpot Pizza Casserole. For the chili, you simply place all the ingredients, except the beans, corn, and cream cheese (if you’re using) into your slow cooker and let it simmer for 6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high.
About a half hour before it’s done, you can then add the corn, cream cheese (if using) and beans. Once it’s finished cooking, you take out the tender chicken, shred it and place it back into the crockpot to serve.
It’s time to ladle it into some bowl and top with any of the suggested yummy toppings including cheese, jalapeños, and chips!
Helpful Tips to make Crockpot White Chicken Chili:
- You can use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs in this recipe, or a combination of both.
- This is a flavorful but mild chili, so If you prefer it spicier, feel free to add some jalapeños while the recipe is cooking in addition to adding them as a garnish.
- Depending on your preference, you can either leave the chicken in larger chunks or shred it once it’s done cooking.
- The cream cheese is optional. If you want a creamier chili, add it to the crockpot 30 minutes before it’s done cooking.
- For thicker chili, blend the liquid with an immersion blender before you put back in your shredded or chunked chicken.
What you will need to make Crockpot White Chicken Chili:
- Crockpot – this kitchen appliance is a must have any time of the year for set it and forget it recipes.
- Ladle – great for serving soups, stews and chili recipes.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Check out more of our favorite soup recipes:
Simple Crock Pot Chicken Dumplings
25 Minute Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or a mix
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces diced green chili peppers, 2 4-ounce cans, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 30 ounces cannellini or white kidney beans, 2 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, optional
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, optional
- Combine the chicken, onions, green chili peppers, garlic, cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, coriander, oregano, and bay leaf in a 6-quart or larger crockpot. Stir all ingredients together and pour chicken broth over top.
- Cover and cook on the high for 4 hours on the low for 6 hours. About 30 minutes before it’s done cooking, add the beans, corn and cream cheese (if using). Taste and add the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt or other seasonings if necessary. Cover and cook for the remaining time.
- Transfer the chicken to a large plate or cutting board and shred it into bite-sized pieces with 2 forks. Place chicken back into the chili and remove the bay leaf. (For a creamier chili, see Helpful Tips above.)
- shredded Monterey jack cheese, lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce or avocado
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Thank you for this wonderful recipe Erin! I'm cooking for 1, so I will cook this on top of the stove and halve the ingredients and use 2 leftover cooked thighs and add minced red bell pepper.I will saute the onion and red pepper and then add the other ingredients (except cooked chicken)and simmer about 20 minutes and then add the chopped chicken to heat through. What a great recipe for leftover Chicken!
Thanks Jane Smith, Enjoy and let us know how it goes!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
You said you just got a new crockpot. Are you willing to share the kind/size and how you made your selection. I always wanted the largest crockpot I could find, but now I think it might be better to have a variety. Any thoughts???
I had never tried a white chili before but this was so good. I had no idea what I was missing!
I am a quick meal person. My sister made this and convinced me to try making the soup. WOW! This is the best creamy soup, I have ever made. It was much easier to make than, I thought it was going to be.