Chocolate chip cookie mug cake is better than a warm chocolate cookie straight from the oven! 5 ingredients and 6 minutes! Get my easy mug cake recipe here.
A mug cake is a wonderful way to treat yourself to a decadent dessert. Have you had a chance to try my Oreo mug cake yet? You won’t want to miss it.
There are days that you just deserve a cookie. And, if you want to be able to enjoy your favorite treat without a lot of work, making a mug cake is the answer.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
If you haven’t yet tried making a mug cake in the microwave, you really need to. There is no easier way to have a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie in less than a minute.
One of the hardest parts of making homemade cookies is resisting the urge to eat a dozen of them in one sitting. That’s not a problem when you make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake.
I decided to test the Oreo Mug Cake recipe with Chips Ahoy and with a few adjustments – it works! Just 5-ingredients and a few minutes stand between you and this perfectly cakey chocolate chip cookie dessert!
What’s the best cookie for mug cakes?
I used classic Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies when I made this easy mug cake. Don’t get the chewy kind. It won’t turn out right if you do.
Tips for making a chocolate chip cookie mug cake
- Make sure to use classic chips ahoy (or similar) and not chewy.
- This was inspired by the Oreo Mug Cake but I found that the chocolate chip cookies really lacked in sweetness and were kind of bland. The addition of sugar made all the difference and we really liked them with the chocolate chips since the chocolate chips in the cookies get sort of ground up.
- Top with whipped cream, ice cream, cookie crumbs, powdered sugar, and more.
- 4 Chips Ahoy cookies are 1.6 ounces, this should help should you use a different brand.
- The prep time is mostly just processing the cookies. If you have quick access to a food processor this really is a 5-minute dessert.
Different flavors of mug cakes
Of course, I love this chocolate chip cookie mug cake. But, there are a lot of different types of mug cakes you can make that are a bit different.
Why new try a few of these.
- Peanut Butter
- Mint Chocolate Chip
As long as you stick with the classic variety of cookies, you should have good results.
Can I use different flavored chocolate chips?
Yes, in addition to using a different type of cookie, you can use different chocolate chips in your Chocolate Chip cookie mug cake.
Why not try mint chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips? Mix and match the cookie flavors and the chip flavors for a new dessert every night.
How to make chocolate chip cookie in a mug
- Blend the chocolate chip cookies in a food processor until they are crumbs.
- Then, combine the ingredients in your microwave-safe mug.
- Cook in the microwave for one minute.
- Let it cool and enjoy.
How long can I store a mug cake?
These desserts are really best enjoyed straight from the microwave while they are still warm and gooey. If you don’t have time to eat it right away, try making it later.
To save time, you can process the cookies in your food processor ahead of time. Then, store them in an airtight container until you want to make your mug cake.
More chocolate chip recipes
The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie is incredibly rich, perfectly chewy, and crisp around the edges. What more could you ask for in the perfect chocolate chip cookie?
Simple 5 Minute Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip is a fab quick dessert recipe. Looking for a snack during prime time TV? This is sure to be ready before the commercial break ends.
Mint Chocolate Chip Fudgy Brownies are a simple recipe for rich and fudgy brownies, loaded with chocolate mint candies and topped with a mint chocolate chip frosting that will rock your world.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug + Video
- 4 Chips Ahoy cookies, or similar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend the cookies until fine crumbs form.
- In a 6 to 8 ounce microwave safe mug or small prep bowl, combine the crushed cookies, milk, sugar and baking powder. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute, then add an additional 10 seconds if needed.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes, top with ice cream or whipped cream, and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.