I know it is hard to believe that in 19 months of blogging you don’t know all of my secrets yet.
However, I have a cookie secret that I have never shared. First, I have to say that chocolate chip is my all time favorite cookie. In fact, so much my favorite that I don’t make them often, due to lack of self control.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!
So, what’s the big secret??? My absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie is my adapted version of the Nestle Toll House cookie recipe. I have tried quite a few of the best ever cookie recipes… They are too cakey, too crisp, not chewy enough, not enough chocolate, too much chocolate or TOO MUCH WORK… I love this recipe! I use it all the time. You still love me, right?
So what are my ‘genius’ adaptations, you ask? Well I like more vanilla flavor and a little more chocolate. An extra egg yolk adds fat and richness. I also prefer to use kosher salt, I like getting a salty sweet bite here and there through the cookie. Top favorite reason? Easy peasy cookies!
This dough freezes perfectly. Just scoop onto a cookie sheet and flash
freeze the dough for a few hours. Then place frozen scoops into a
freezer bag and remove and bake and desired. Recommended to freeze up to
Other Holiday Cookie Recipes
Be sure to check out these scrumptious cookies perfect for the holidays
Candy Cane Crinkle Cookies are the best peppermint cookies you will ever eat! Chewy inside, creamy texture, loaded w/ chunks of candy cane.
Perfect Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – perfectly chocolaty and simply delicious. You are going to love these!
Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with a secret ingredient to make them extra puffy and chewy!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- stand mixer OR
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened, but still cold
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste, or pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine; Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until well creamed, 3-5 minutes. Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well to combine between each addition. Add and combine vanilla.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture. Do NOT overmix or your cookies will be tough. Add chocolate chips and use a silicone spatula or wooden spoon to blend them in by hand.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scooper, drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.