Chicken Breasts with Olive and Tomatoes is packed with fabulous flavors, it is spicy, moist and flavorful. Primarily cooked in the crock pot – preparing dinner has never been so easy!
I was looking for a flavorful chicken dish that required very little stove or oven time. I found it! This chicken was fabulous, it is spicy, moist and flavorful. This is a light with about 300 calories per serving.
A great meal whether you are watching your calories or not! Perfect dinner to make during this record breaking hot summer, just 10 minutes or less on the stove. The rest is in the crock pot.
When stirring it around 3 hours into the cooking the chicken became so moist that it started breaking apart, so I had the idea to shred it and let all those delicious juices be absorbed into the chicken. It worked out perfectly and it was incredible.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Other Crockpot Chicken Dinners
Chicken Breasts with Olives and Tomatoes
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 29 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place chicken in an electric slow cooker.
- Add garlic and onion to pan, and sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 30 seconds.
- Place wine mixture in cooker. Add 3 tablespoons tomato paste, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning and tomatoes to cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours. Stir chicken until it becomes shredded. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, olives, 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and parsley.
- Remove from crock pot and serve over rice, with a dollop of mascarpone cheese or sour cream.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2011.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.