Pizza Pull Apart Bread (Hawaiian)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This pizza pull apart bread is a delightful and savory twist on a well-known recipe. Enjoy cheesy, garlicky flavor in every delicious bite!
Whether you’re making this for a tailgate party, a holiday get together, or just as an easy weeknight dinner, this pizza pull apart bread will surely have everyone licking their fingers!
All the delicious flavors of pizza paired with the sweetness of Hawaiian rolls. This delicious, easy recipe will definitely earn a spot in your cooking arsenal under “party appetizer everybody loves.”
Why stop at appetizers? Try out my dessert version of this recipe. It’s a gooey, soft, buttery-sweet cinnamon roll that you can break off into bite size pieces!
Or, you can whip up some more appetizers that are hits. My Italian sliders, bacon mac and cheese bombs, and simple pretzel dogs will all definitely get you invited back!
Pizza Pull Apart Bread – Tips and Tricks
- Cheese please! Instead of just mozzarella, include some Monterey Jack and cheddar for extra flavor. Or, grab a bag of your favorite pizza cheese blend!
- Be cautious when slicing. If you cut too deeply, there won’t be enough of a base to keep all the yummy goodness contained.
- Want more toppings? Use any of your favorites – it doesn’t just have to be pepperoni. For a vegetarian version, sauteed mushrooms or onion slices would be just as delicious.
- Add some heat. Toss in some red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce for that extra kick!
Dip these pull apart rolls in some marinara sauce or even pesto, if you’re feeling adventurous.
Round out your plate with a green salad or a quick batch of air fryer veggies. Or, pair this dish with more of your party favorites!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Do I have to use Hawaiian rolls?
Not necessarily! Any type of slider bun will work just as well – you’ll just lose that signature sweetness.
You could also use refrigerated or frozen dough for pull apart rolls. In that case, I recommend you follow the instructions for my bomb recipe instead.
How do I store leftover pizza pull apart bread?
If you manage to even have any leftovers, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Be sure to use an airtight container so the bread doesn’t dry out or become stale.
Reheat individual servings in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds. Or, pop the entire pan back into the oven at 350° until warmed through.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Since these pull apart rolls are best served fresh out of the oven, I wouldn’t recommend it.
That said, you can always prep all of your ingredients and have them ready to go. Assemble everything when you get home or just before guests arrive and throw it in the oven to bake!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Easy Pull Apart Bread Recipes
Pizza Pull Apart Bread (Hawaiian)
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 48 slices of pepperoni
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter, garlic paste, pizza seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Evenly spread a thin layer across the bottom of a baking sheet, making sure to reserve ½ of the mixture.
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut twice across the top of the Hawaiian rolls without cutting all the way through the bread, and place on the baking sheet.
- Place two slices of pepperoni between each layer of bread.
- Sprinkle cheese between each layer of bread on top of the pepperoni.
- Drizzle leftover butter mixture over the tops of each roll.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
Pull apart bread with cheese is so good, especially with this one because you get a nice cheese pull. These are awesome dipped in your marinara recipe too!