Snickers Apple Salad + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Snickers apple salad is a delicious dessert filled with sweetened cream cheese, Granny Smith & Red Delicious apples, Snickers bars, and caramel sauce.
Next time you are struggling with what to take to a potluck or get-together, this taffy apple salad is sure to impress. It’s rich, sweet, and everyone will devour it!
You can throw this apple snicker salad recipe together in a matter of minutes. So it’s great for people who don’t plan ahead!
All of you apple lovers won’t want to miss my mind blowing good, pie bombs! They really are an explosion of goodness in every bite. For a sweet treat try our chocolate covered apple slices, they are fabulous!
Or if you are in the mood for cake, the glaze on this bundt cake is good enough to eat with a spoon. Try my hot cider to warm up on those chilly nights.
Snickers Apple Salad – Tips and Tricks
- Cut the fruit uniformly. It’s much easier to eat when the pieces are all cut evenly and bite-sized.
- Don’t rush it. When pouring the creaming into the cream cheese, do so slowly. It’s important to pour a little bit at a time so you don’t end up with lumps.
- Soften the cream cheese. If you start with cold cream cheese right of out the fridge, it’s going to be lumpy!
Instead, place the cream cheese on the counter 45 minutes – 1 hour before you begin or warm it in the microwave at 50% power for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Thicker is better! When it comes to caramel sauce, always reach for a thicker sauce. If you go with something thin like ice cream sauce, it’s going to be too runny and get lost in the mix.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this snickers apple salad!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What are the best apples to use?
The preferred apple for us is always Granny Smith and Red Gala. Granny Smith’s are tart and balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and caramel. And the Red Gala adds a little touch of added sweetness.
However, you could use Jazz, Pink Lady, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious as well. They all hold up good and will give you a variety of flavors.
Keep in mind, sweet apples may be too sweet for some people.
Can you make snickers apple salad ahead of time?
Yes, and it’s so easy! You will need to go ahead and prepare the cheesecake mixture and place it in the fridge. Chop up all the fruit and place it in a large bowl and put it in the refrigerator.
Right before you serve it, if there is any liquid in the fruit bowl, drain it off. Then gently fold the cheesecake mixture into the fruit. Add more candy on top of the cheesecake salad and serve.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE DESSERT SALAD RECIPES
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
Peach Cobbler Cheesecake Salad
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Salad
Snickers Apple Salad + Video
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 8-ounce packages
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium apples, cut into bite-size pieces (I used 2 green Granny Smith and 2 red Gala)
- 20 bite-size Snickers candy bars, cut into bite-size pieces (or 3 king size)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- In a medium tall bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until it becomes smooth. It may bind up in the beaters, but continue as is and it will loosen up.
- Add cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to the cream cheese. Mix until it becomes a smooth mixture and all of the creamer has combined into the cream cheese.
- Whip until smooth, light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add apples to the cheesecake mixture. Gently fold the apples in as you add them to help prevent browning.
- Transfer apple cheesecake salad to a serving bowl. Sprinkle salad with bite-size candy bar pieces and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2016, updated and republished October 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Very good. Tasted like a Carmel apple. Next time I'm going to cut the bite size snickers smaller.
Can this me made a day in advance? We have a picnic tomorrow and would love to make it today
do you peel the apples?
You can see the peel on the apple in the photos!
I used the Carmel macchiato creamer instead of the vanilla and used cheesecake pudding and I put the simply caramel milky ways and omg….
This was so yummy! Tastes very similar to a caramel apple!