Snickers Apple Salad is a delicious dessert filled with sweetened cream cheese, Granny Smith & Red Delicious apples, Snickers bars, and caramel sauce.
Snickers Apple Salad
Next time you are struggling with what to take to a potluck or get-together, this taffy apple salad with Snickers is sure to impress.
It’s rich and sweet — everyone will devour it!
You can throw this caramel apple salad recipe together in a matter of minutes. So it’s great for people who don’t plan ahead!
All of you apple lovers won’t want to miss my mind blowing good, pie bombs! They really are an explosion of goodness in every bite.
For a sweet treat try our chocolate covered apple slices, they are fabulous!
Caramel Apple Salad Tips and Tricks
- Cut the fruit uniformly. It’s much easier to eat Snickers Apple Salad when the pieces are all cut evenly and bite-sized.
- Don’t rush it. When pouring the cream into the cream cheese, do so slowly. It’s important to pour a little bit at a time so you don’t end up with lumps.
- Soften the cream cheese. If you start with cold cream cheese right of out the fridge, it’s going to be lumpy!
Instead, place the cream cheese on the counter 45 minutes to 1 hour before you begin or warm it in the microwave at 50% power for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Thicker is better! When it comes to caramel sauce, always reach for a thicker sauce.
If you go with something thin like ice cream sauce, it’s going to be too runny and simply blend into your caramel apple snicker salad.
How to Prevent Apples from Browning
Because everything in this caramel apple Snicker salad is coated in the cream cheese mixture, the apples don’t typically brown.
That said, there are a few tricks you can use to ensure a gorgeous presentation!
- Citrus Juice: Add 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice to 1 cup of water. Soak the chopped apples for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse and pat dry.
- Salt Water: Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in 1 cup of water. Soak apple pieces for 10 minutes, then drain. There’s no need to rinse, but you can if you would like.
- Ginger Ale: Cover diced apples in ginger ale and soak for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, rinse, and pat dry before making your taffy apple salad with Snickers.
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad FAQ
The preferred apple for our Snickers caramel apple salad is always Granny Smith and Red Gala.
Granny Smith’s are tart and balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and caramel. And the Red Gala adds a little touch of added sweetness.
However, you could use Jazz, Pink Lady, Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious as well. They all hold up well and will give you a variety of flavors.
Keep in mind, sweet apples in this caramel apple salad may be too sweet for some people.
Yes, and it’s so easy! You will need to go ahead and prepare the cheesecake mixture and place it in the fridge. Chop up all the fruit and place it in a large bowl, put it in the refrigerator.
Right before you prepare your Snickers caramel apple salad, drain off any liquid in the bottom of the fruit bowl. Then, gently fold the cheesecake mixture into the fruit.
Add more candy on top of the cheesecake caramel apple snicker salad and serve.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Cheesecake Salads
Snickers Apple Salad + Video
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 8-ounce packages
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium apples, cut into bite-size pieces (I used 2 green Granny Smith and 2 red Gala)
- 20 bite-size Snickers candy bars, cut into bite-size pieces (or 3 king size)
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- In a medium tall bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until it becomes smooth. It may bind up in the beaters, but continue as is and it will loosen up.
- Add cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to the cream cheese. Mix until it becomes a smooth mixture and all of the creamer has combined into the cream cheese.
- Whip until smooth, light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add apples to the cheesecake mixture. Gently fold the apples in as you add them to help prevent browning.
- Transfer apple cheesecake salad to a serving bowl. Sprinkle salad with bite-size candy bar pieces and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2016, updated and republished April 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.