Air fryer smores are a delicious and easy dessert you can make without starting a campfire. Loaded with peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallows!
These indoor smores have all the things you love about traditional recipes, but with peanut butter cups! They are utterly irresistible and super decadent.
While everyone is devouring them, they may have sticky fingers, but they will also have huge smiles on their faces too.
Air Fryer Smores – Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Make them extra gooey. To achieve the ultimate gooeyness, cook them for 3 minutes, then add chocolate. Cook for an additional minute. The air fryer may get a little extra messy if you do this, but the cleanup is well worth it.
- Marshmallows are key. If you want the best smores ever, you have to add marshmallows. I used regular sized marshmallows, but you can also use flavored for a fun twist..
- Place the marshmallows down. In order to keep them from flying around, place them cut side down. They will act as a glue and stick to the graham crackers.
- Don’t cut until you are ready to cook. Cutting the marshmallows early might seem like a time savor, but really it will cause them to dry out. Then they won’t be as sticky and that is what holds them together.
- Craving more chocolate? Try out different kinds of candy bars in place of or with the peanut butter cups. Flavored hershey bars like cookies and cream, caramellos, or anything else you like will work.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Why make smores in the air fryer?
Because they are incredibly easy! You don’t need a campfire, you don’t have to heat up the oven and they are ready to eat in minutes.
Plus, the marshmallows cook evenly and there is less room for overcooking.
What else can I add to the air fryer smores?
Everything about this recipe is delicious, but you can certainly add some personality if you want. Sliced strawberries and bananas would give you a boost of fruit!
Or if you want to really jazz it up, swap regular graham crackers for flavored ones like chocolate or cinnamon.
Additionally, you can add a thin layer of nutella or peanut butter to the graham cracker pieces before cooking. They will be even sweeter!
Can these be made ahead of time?
No, unfortunately they are made to eat right away. For best results, keep your ingredients handy and throw them together when you want to serve them.
If you are making several batches, you can lightly wrap each smore with aluminum foil until you are ready to serve. But they should be eaten within 30 minutes for best results.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE AIR FRYER DESSERT RECIPES
Air Fryer Smores (Peanut Butter)
- 9 graham crackers
- 9 marshmallows, cut in half
- 9 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Break the graham crackers in half and place 9 halves in the air fryer. I use a cosori 5.8qt, different sized air fryers may be able to hold more or less.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place the cut sides down on the graham cracker squares. This helps the marshmallow cook more evenly and prevents them from flying around the air fryer.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 4 minutes, then remove from the air fryer and immediately add the peanut butter cups and top with the other half of the graham crackers that weren’t put in the air fryer. Enjoy immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.