Air Fryer S’mores are a delicious and easy dessert you can make without starting a campfire. Take the classic s’mores recipe up a notch by adding Reese’s peanut butter cups. They create the perfect oozy filling with chocolate and marshmallows!
These air fryer s’mores have all the things you love about the traditional treat — but with peanut butter cups! They are utterly irresistible and super decadent.
Air Fryer S’mores
Everyone may have extra sticky fingers while devouring peanut butter smores, but they will also have huge smiles on their faces too.
Tips for Making S’mores in the Air Fryer
- Make them extra gooey. To achieve the ultimate gooeyness, cook air fryer smores for 3 minutes, then add chocolate.
Cook for an additional minute. The air fryer may get a little messy if you do this, but the cleanup is well worth it.
- Use jumbo marshmallows. It’s a lot trickier to make air fryer smores with lots of little mallows flying around.
You’ll also get a more even spread with the jumbo size.
- Place cut side down. In order to keep the marshmallows in place, set them on the graham crackers cut side down.
This will help them stick to the crackers until they have time to melt.
- Don’t cut until you are ready to cook. Cutting the marshmallows early might seem like a time saver, but really it will cause them to dry out.
Then they won’t be as sticky, and that is what holds s’mores in the air fryer together.
- Craving more chocolate? Try out different kinds of candy bars in place of (or in addition to!) the peanut butter cups.
Flavored Hershey bars like cookies and cream, Caramellos, or anything else you like will work.
S’mores Recipe FAQ
Because they are incredibly easy! You don’t need a campfire, and you don’t have to heat up the oven. Air fryer s’mores are ready to eat in minutes.
Plus, the marshmallows cook evenly and everything melts together nicely — especially when making peanut butter smores!
Everything about this smores recipe is delicious, but you can certainly add some personality if you want. Sliced strawberries and bananas would give you a boost of fruit!
Or if you want to really jazz it up, swap regular graham crackers for flavored ones like chocolate or cinnamon.
Additionally, you can add a thin layer of Nutella or peanut butter to the graham cracker pieces before cooking. They will be even sweeter!
No, unfortunately, air fryer s’mores should be eaten right away. For best results, keep your ingredients handy and throw them together when you want to serve them.
If you are making several batches, you can lightly wrap each s’more with aluminum foil until you are ready to serve.
Still, they should be eaten within 30 minutes for best results.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer S’mores (Peanut Butter)
- 9 graham crackers
- 9 marshmallows, cut in half
- 9 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Break the graham crackers in half and place 9 halves in the air fryer. I use a cosori 5.8qt, different sized air fryers may be able to hold more or less.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place the cut sides down on the graham cracker squares. This helps the marshmallow cook more evenly and prevents them from flying around the air fryer.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 4 minutes, then remove from the air fryer and immediately add the peanut butter cups and top with the other half of the graham crackers that weren’t put in the air fryer. Enjoy immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021, updated and republished May 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.