Air Fryer S’mores are seriously addicting, with gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate between crispy graham crackers. Make indoor smores in only 7 minutes!
Air Fryer S’mores
There’s nothing fancy or complicated about putting air fryer s’mores together, since they are assembled the same way as the classic campfire method.
Plus, you don’t have to try and balance the different components or try to slide the marshmallow off of a skewer without burning your fingers!
Everything is easy to put together right on the counter.
Want more smores recipe ideas? How about an air fryer smores with peanut butter?
Tips for Perfect S’mores in Air Fryer
- Slice the marshmallows in half. Since the air fryer has a fan, it can blow the marshmallows around before they have a chance to soften.
When they are cut open, the side with the center will stick to the graham crackers and hold them in place.
- Tip for easy cleanup: Cut a piece of parchment to fit in the bottom of the basket, leaving space around the outside so the air can still circulate.
This prevents a sticky mess and makes it easier to lift air fryer smores out of the basket when they are done!
- If you want burnt marshmallows, try adding an extra minute or two to the cooking time.
Be sure to keep a close eye on them if you do so the crackers don’t burn as well.
- Feeding a crowd? Place each batch of indoor smores on a large plate or sheet pan once cooked, then tent with foil.
This will keep them warm without causing the grahams to become too soft.
Swap out the chocolate pieces in your air fryer s’mores for a Reese’s peanut butter cup instead.
Or, leave it off entirely and smear hazelnut spread over the top half of the graham crackers.
For something more unique, add a pretzel between the marshmallow and chocolate layers.
Even a little peanut butter or cookie butter will add a new dimension of flavor to air fryer s’mores!
Air Fryer Smores FAQ
Yes, but they will expand over the sides of the graham crackers and become a lot messier.
I highly recommend using parchment when making jumbo marshmallow s’mores in an air fryer. This will prevent gooey bits from getting stuck in the bottom of the air fryer.
Honestly, I think they come out better this way! The outside of the marshmallows gets nice and crispy without being burnt, while the center is extra gooey.
Making smores in the air fryer creates the perfect balance of textures, and the marshmallow is still hot enough to melt the chocolate.
Unfortunately, this didn’t test well. When we placed fully assembled smores in the air fryer, the chocolate became liquid from the heat.
It’s best to just use the appliance to toast the marshmallows, then let the residual heat soften the candy afterward.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Smores Recipes
Perfect Air Fryer Smores
- 3 graham crackers, broken in half
- 3 marshmallows
- 1 Hershey bars
- Place three halves of the graham crackers in the basket of your air fryer.
- Cut your marshmallows in half. Stick the two sticky sides of the marshmallows down on the graham crackers and gently press them down to help them stick.
- Turn your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes. At the 4-minute mark, check on them to see if the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Once they are cooked, top each marshmallow with three pieces of chocolate.
- Top each one with the other half of the graham crackers and enjoy warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021, updated and republished June 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.