Air fryer garlic bread is perfectly toasted and ready in minutes! Make this recipe with four simple ingredients for a quick and easy side dish.
It’s easy to make some quick garlic bread in the air fryer, and you don’t even have to wait for it to preheat! Get your slices prepped in advance and toast them while you work on your main course.
Looking for more easy air fryer sides? Try a batch of these homemade potato chips – they’re far less greasy than store bought varieties. You can even cook up veggies like cauliflower or corn on the cob!
How To Make Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Cut an Italian loaf into 1-inch slices. Then, spread a mixture of softened butter, minced garlic, and dried parsley onto one side of each slice.
Place a few in the basket and cook for about 6 minutes or until toasted. Work in batches until you have as much as you need. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Tips and Tricks
- Soften butter quickly. If you forgot to pull a stick out ahead of time, there’s an easy fix! Fill a tall glass with hot water and pour it back out. Stand the stick of butter on its end, then flip the cup upside down over the top. It will be perfectly spreadable in a few minutes.
- Crush dried herbs. Rub the parsley between your fingers while sprinkling it into the bowl. This releases the oils and aroma for a stronger flavor.
- Time-saving tip: Use pre-minced garlic instead of fresh cloves. Not only will it cut your prep time in half, but it tends to be a bit sweeter than when you mince it yourself.
- Avoid stacking! Cook these in a single layer so they are evenly toasted all around.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Air Fryer – Different brands and sizes may require different cooking times, so be familiar with your model and make adjustments as needed.
- Serrated Knife – I’ve been using this one for a decade and it works great for slicing tomatoes too.
- Mixing Bowl – It helps to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all!
Garlic Bread Recipe FAQ
What can I use instead of an Italian loaf?
Honestly, you can prepare this recipe with whatever is available. French or sourdough loaves are good alternatives.
I’ve even made air fryer garlic bread with regular white sandwich slices! Just keep an eye out since thinner slices will cook faster and you don’t want them to burn.
Can I save leftovers?
You will get the best results by making each slice fresh when you want some. That said, you can store leftovers in a ziploc bag in the refrigerator if needed.
Use within 3 days and pop a slice or two back in the basket to warm for a few minutes.
How do you make cheesy garlic bread in the air fryer?
Simply top each slice with about two tablespoons of your favorite cheese. Mozzarella is a favorite, and it’s extra yummy with a little fresh Parmesan as well.
Be sure to skip the bagged shreds which have anti-caking agents that give the cheese a waxy texture. You’ll get better results (and flavor!) by grating it yourself.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and parsley.
- Slice the bread into one-inch slices. Spread all the butter mixture onto the top side of the cut bread.
- Place 3-4 slices of bread into the air fryer set to 400°F for 6 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.