Air Fryer Pork Chops are boneless pork with sweet and savory flavors. Make this easy pork chop recipe for a healthy weeknight dinner.
I am all about using my air fryer lately. It’s a wonderful way to keep the kitchen cool in the summer. And, it is so much healthier than deep-frying your foods.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
If you’re looking for air fryer pork chops with no breading, you are in luck!
I make boneless pork chops in an air fryer using a rub. The result is sweet and smoky, and in my opinion, so much better than adding breading or batter to your pork chops.
Have you had a chance to try any of my other air fryer recipes?
Or, my air fryer fried chicken lets you enjoy the taste of fried chicken with a fraction of the fat and calories.
Boneless Pork Chops In Air Fryer Tips
- Size matters. Be sure to choose pork chops that are similar in size and thickness. That way, they will cook evenly and be done around the same time.
- Don’t overcook. Air fried boneless pork chops become dry when you cook them too long.
Use a meat thermometer and pull them when they reach 145 degrees internally.
- Adjust the amount of rub. The recipe for the rub is enough for 2 servings if you use my recommendation of 1 tablespoon per pork chop.
Simply make a larger batch if you are cooking chops for a crowd!
Proper internal temperature for pork
When making these air fryer pork chops, keep in mind that the proper internal temperature for pork is 145 according to the US Pork Board.
It’s very important that you use a meat thermometer to be sure your pork is cooked completely.
Time will vary depending on if you are cooking bone-in or boneless pork chops. And, it will depend on how thick your chops are.
So, using a meat thermometer is really the best way to check.
Boneless Air Fryer Pork Chops FAQs
I’ve air fried boneless pork chops for about 14 minutes. It was the perfect amount of time for 1 1/4″ thick pork chops.
But, you will need to preheat your air fryer and allow them to sit for 5 minutes. This brings the total preparation time up to about 25 minutes.
This will really depend on how large your air fryer is. If you’re asking if is it ok to stack them, I don’t recommend it.
An air fryer basket is fairly small. So, it is tempting to place things close together or stack them on top.
But, one of the most important things you need to do is to leave room for the air to circulate. This results in the best taste and proper cooking.
Place only as many pork chops in your air fryer as will fit and allow space to circulate. This will be between two and four, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Yes, this air fryer pork chops recipe will work for both types of pork chops. But, the preparation time is for making boneless pork chops in an air fryer.
If you are cooking bone-in pork chops, they will need to cook longer.
If you’re wondering what sides to serve with this air fryer boneless pork chops recipe, why not try a few of these:
Or, you can always keep it simple and serve a loaf of crusty Italian or French bread and a side garden salad.
More pork chop recipes
There are so many delicious ways to make pork chops that I never run out of ideas. You might want to take a look at these recipes and try them soon if you need a few more ideas.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Pork Chops (Boneless) + Video
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
For the rub
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes
- Blot pork chops with paper towel
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each pork chop, rub all over and don’t forget the sides.
- Combine all spices for the rub, you’ll have some leftover depending on how much you use for each pork chop. I used 1 tablespoon per pork chop.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon on the top of each pork chop, then rub it in until it absorbs into the meat a little bit. Flip the pork chop over and repeat with another 1/2 tablespoon of the rub mixture. Use your hands to bring the rub around the sides of your pork chops as well.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent the pork chops from sticking.
- Place the seasoned pork chops in the preheated air fryer with room around them for the air to circulate. My pork chops were fairly big, so I cooked them 2 at a time. Bake for 14-17 minutes total,(depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Mine were about 1-3/4 inches thick and 17 minutes was perfect), flipping halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the pork chops and place them on a serving dish to rest for 5 minutes. This is a small extra step that helps your pork chops remain moist and flavorful!
- Garnish with fresh thyme if you’re feeling fancy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2020, updated and republished March 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.