Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast is easy to make, and is a healthy way to cook chicken to juicy perfection. It’s quick and easy to air fry boneless chicken!
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
Using my air fryer is one of my favorite ways to cut the fat in some of my meals. Have you had a chance to try any of my other air fryer recipes?
If you need side dish ideas for your chicken dinner, why not try my air fryer baked potato. It has crispy skin without any oil and it’s fluffy on the inside!
Air fried frozen French fries come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Make the recipe and enjoy comfort food without the fat!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe Notes
It only takes a few minutes to air fry boneless chicken, and it’s incredibly juicy and tender — perfect for a healthy summer meal.
- Meal prep. You can prep the chicken breasts and use the chicken meat in your favorite chicken recipes throughout the week.
- Don’t skip the oil. Using olive oil as part of the marinade helps make your air fryer boneless chicken breasts slightly crispy on the outside.
And, it’s an easy way to make the herbs and spices stick to the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken. Before roasting chicken breast in the air fryer, it’s a good idea to marinate it. It deepens the flavor and makes them extra juicy.
Cooking time and temp for air fryer chicken breasts
How long you need to air fry boneless chicken breasts really depends on how large they are.
So, use this handy guide to figure out how long to cook boneless chicken breast in the air fryer!
Here are the cooking time and temp for boneless chicken breast in an air fryer. The times are an average, and are based on the total weight of your food.
Air fryers cook differently depending on the model, so be sure to use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
- 6 oz at 360° for 15 minutes
- 8 oz at 360° for 18 minutes
- 10 oz at 360° for 20 minutes
- 12 oz at 360° for 22 minutes
It’s important to always use a meat thermometer rather than relying solely on cooking time.
Just place the tip of the meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the breast.
All poultry should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F according to the USDA.
Boneless Chicken Breast In Air Fryer FAQs
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken breasts in an air fryer. Just preheat the air fryer to 360F. Then, add your seasonings and place them in the air fryer.
Cook the breasts in your air fryer until they are 165F, which should take about 25 minutes.
No, you don’t need to bread your chicken breasts first. The secret is to use my marinade. This helps keep the breasts juicy and flavorful and helps to prevent them from drying out.
This method makes it perfect for anyone that is trying to follow a low carb diet.
My marinade is so simple to make.
Make sure that the breasts are covered by the marinade completely. You can flip them partway through if you need to.
The oil will help them turn out crispy with no breading required.
If you aren’t careful, it’s very easy to end up with dry chicken breasts. Time your cooking time carefully, so that when you are done roasting chicken breast in the air fryer, the rest of the meal is ready.
You don’t want to leave them in the air fryer while the rest of the meal is finishing. They will continue to cook and become dry if you do.
Remove them from the air fryer and place them on a warm platter. Cover the platter with foil to help keep them warm.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 – 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil in a spray bottle
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for marinade.
- Add the chicken breasts to gallon size resealable bag, pour the marinade over chicken.
- Press out the air and close the bag.
- Chill in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer at 370°F for 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket, leaving room between the breasts so they cook evenly.
- Spray each chicken breast with olive oil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the basket and flip breasts over, spray again with olive oil and cook for another 6-8 minutes, chicken is done when the internal temperature is 160°F when checked with an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from the air fryer basket and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh oregano, parsley or basil
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2020, updated and republished February 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.