Spicy Tomato Herb Meatballs are soft and tender 5 ingredient meatballs exploding with flavor. Finally, an easy recipe that creates a magnificent meatball. Perfect for pasta dinners, meatball sandwiches and game day poppers, these are sure to be on your meal plan over and over. We made 3 batches today. You are going to love them!
Chad, my wonderful picky husband carried a plate full of these meatballs to his office and declared them to be “awesome meatballs”. I knew right away we had a winner.
October is National Pasta Month and we are so excited to introduce you to one of the yummiest pasta’s around.
We were first introduced to Pasta Chips at a conference in Miami. I have to say it was love at first bite. I may or may not have passed by the Pasta Chips table several times each day. A girl’s gotta eat, right?
They have 5 delicious flavors and over the last 5 months I have found favorite ways to eat each one.
Every flavor has ties to a region in Italy. Alfredo, Marinara, Spicy Tomato and Herb, Sea Salt and Garlic Olive Oil flavors are all superstars in their own right. Of course with my love for Italian and Southwestern food my favorite is the Spicy Tomato Herb Pasta Chips, inspired by arrabiata sauce (spicy tomato sauce).
If you haven’t tried Pasta Chips, you are totally missing out. They really taste like pasta with fabulous seasonings, in a thin and crispy chip. Made from semolina flour they are inspired by a fabulous Osteria in Tuscany and the history shines through.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Spicy Tomato Herb Meatballs
My favorite recipe with Pasta Chips has to be these easy Spicy Tomato Herb Meatballs, made with just 5 ingredients. Seriously!
The Pasta Chips are so flavorful you do not need any seasoning; just beef, pasta chips, milk (to moisten the mixture), egg (to bind it) and cheese (well, because… have we met? Of course there is cheese).
They are perfectly moist and flavorful, tender meatballs with bits of Pasta Chips throughout, they go perfect with your spaghetti dinner, on a meatball sandwich or even as a game day meatball popper. Anyway you eat these you are going to love ’em!
I am so excited to have just heard they are now available at Walmart in the deli section.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Spicy Tomato Herb Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef, I used 88% lean
- 4 ounces Pasta Chips Spicy Tomato and Herb, 2 2-ounce bags, crushed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray foil with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Crush chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add beef and crushed chips. Pour milk over top of chips. Add cheese and egg. Using clean hands, mix well. Do not over mix or you will have tough meatballs.
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, portion out meat and place on baking sheet. After all meatballs have been scooped onto tray, roll into balls.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until meatballs are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from baking sheet and transfer to sauce or serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.