This Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Trifle is a family favorite. It is simple, delicious and comes together in a snap! Peanut butter and chocolate is always a home run and this simple no-bake dessert is going to knock it out of the park.
When I was growing up and enjoying the holidays with my family, we always had a HUUUGGGGEEEE spread of food. There were cheese platters, crackers, vegetable trays, banana bread and date bread all laid out before the meal. Then the meal was nothing short of fabulous. My mom was an amazing homestyle cook, she cooked with real ingredients and inspired creativity in the kitchen (I am sure that is where I found my creativity and passion for cooking, in her kitchen). She pulled out all the stops on every holiday and even with a family of 7 to prepare for on a meager budget, my parents never turned away a guest.
Needless to say after dinner, you were very well stuffed. There was actually an intermission before dessert. Time to catch a few shows or a movie then the dessert spread was unveiled with pies of every kind, fruit, cream, chocolate, nut, you name it. (The pies were my department as I grew up).
Starting a whole new chapter in my life, after I moved to Arizona 13 years ago I now have the pleasure of celebrating with my husbands family. Needless to say, it is amazing and a blessing to be together and enjoy an entirely different set of traditions. One of those traditions: as soon as your dinner plate is cleared dessert is served. No intermission, no time to put on comfy pants.
Peanut butter Cookie and Chocolate Trifle
So, on that note I have prepared a light dessert to follow dinner. My picky eater clan ooohed and ahhhed through the entire dessert. Chad even took one back into his man cave to enjoy and came back thanking me profusely. It is amazingly impressive, incredibly flavorful, made with light ingredients and so easy I almost skipped writing a blog post about it. It is truly fabulous and I know you will enjoy it!
With love from our kitchen table to yours! XO
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Easy Trifle Recipes
Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Trifle
- 1 – 1.4 ounce box Chocolate Instant Sugar Free Jello pudding
- 2 cups fat free milk, cold
- 6 ounces peanut butter cookies, (homemade or Nutter Butter’s)
- 2 cups Fat Free Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup Honey Roasted Peanut Butter or Skippy Natural, a thick grainy peanut butter
- sugar free chocolate syrup, for drizzling
- Crumble cookies by hand or in a food processor, into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add whipped topping and peanut butter, fold peanut butter into whipped topping until combined. Set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to directions, using the 2 cups fat free cold milk. Use a hand mixer for quicker results. Set aside.
- In 4 individual trifle dishes or bowl of your choice, add 2 tablespoons of crumbled cookie to the bottom, shake to disperse evenly.
- Add 1/2 cup of pudding to dishes. Smooth out for an even line.
- Add 2 tablespoons of crumbled cookie.
- Add heaping 1/2 cup of peanut butter whipped topping. Smooth out top for a nice presentation. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Serve and Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.