Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups is a healthy take on your favorite classic comfort food. All of the flavors of your favorite lasagna, rolled into a scrumptious portion! This simple Italian dinner takes less than 30 minutes to make!
I know you would never have guessed it (note the sarcasm here) but I have a bit of a love affair going on with pasta. Just ask my scale (it is currently winning our ‘New Years resolution’ struggle). Penne, ziti, spaghetti, ravioli, orzo, elbows, lasagna… I love them all equally!
One dish I have yet to share with you is my lasagna. It certainly is at the top of the list for favorites, but seems to take so long and is sooo rich. So, in an effort to lighten things up a bit I turned MY favorite lasagna into lightened up lasagna roll ups.
Made with my 5-minute simple pasta sauce, ground chicken breast, cheese and part skim ricotta, each lasagna roll up is loaded with all my favorite flavors in one splendid portion. Well, if you can eat just one or two… I can’t. I ate…. 3.
Scale 1, Donna 0. But, the lasagna is AMAZING! Tomorrow is another day.
I know you are going to love this skinny chicken lasagna. Ready to eat in less than an hour.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Pasta Dishes
Skinny Lasagna Roll Ups
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 recipe – 5 minute marinara, or your favorite sauce
- 16 ounces part skim ricotta
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 4 ounces 2% Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat 350°F.
- Prepare lasagna by bringing an 8 quart pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and a handful of salt. Cook according to package directions (approximately 7-10 minutes). Remove from heat when pasta is al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet over medium high heat add oil and onions. Cook until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add ground chicken, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Add 1/2 of marinara sauce. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile combine ricotta, cheese, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix until combined using a fork.
- Prepare a baking dish by pouring sauce into pan, completely covering the bottom of the baking dish.
- On a clean surface lay out cooked pasta. Add about 2 tablespoons of ricotta and 1 tablespoon of sauce, spread across lasagna. Starting at the end closest to you, roll lasagna. Place in baking dish. Repeat until all lasagna are rolled. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2013.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.