Peppermint crunch mini cheesecakes burst with flavor from tiny bits of candy cane throughout. Make this recipe for a tasty seasonal treat!
Recipes like Peppermint Crunch mini Cheesecakes
This mini cheesecake recipe is perfect to make for holiday gifts, bake sales, or to place on a pretty tray for your dessert table.
Even better, there’s no need for fancy pans or a water bath! These little beauties bake right in a regular muffin tin, and turn out perfectly smooth and creamy.
The flavor is the same as this dessert, but the texture is smoother because the candies are melted into the filling.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Brownie Icebox Cheesecake combines two rich flavors into one incredible dessert, and the brownie brittle adds a nice crunch between layers.
Or, make Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle for all the flavor without all the work! This layered dessert is ready in 15 minutes with just 5 simple ingredients.
How To Make Peppermint Crunch Mini Cheesecakes
1. Make the crust and filling.
Mix each separately, then divide into a lined cupcake pan. Press the crust firmly into the bottom of each well so it doesn’t break apart.
After you add the filling, use a spoon to smooth it out, or simply tap the pan against your counter a few times.
And don’t forget to add extra crushed candies on the top of the filling!
2. Bake and cool.
Keep an eye on the mini cheesecakes towards the end of baking. The edges should be set and just barely starting to brown.
The very center may still have a slight jiggle, but the tops should no longer look wet or shiny.
Allow the pan of cheesecakes to cool for a bit before placing it in the refrigerator to chill. This helps set the desserts. Plus, it makes them easier to remove from the pan as well.
3. Top with whipped cream.
Make a simple homemade whipped cream and pipe it onto the individual cheesecakes once they are fully set.
If you don’t have a piping bag and tip, you can just use a spoon to dollop it on.
Or, use a large ziploc bag with the bottom corner snipped off. It won’t look quite as fancy, but it will still taste amazing!
Tools for Making Mini Cheesecakes
- Muffin pan – Silicone is a great non-stick option, but a standard metal pan with liners helps the crust brown better.
- Stand mixer or large mixing bowl with hand mixer for making the cheesecake filling and homemade whipped cream.
- Piping Bag with Star Tip – You can spoon on the whipped cream if needed, but this creates a pretty and festive design.
- Hard Peppermint Candies or mini candy canes – Stock up for the holiday season!
Recipe Notes + FAQ
- Can’t find graham cracker crumbs? Make your own by placing whole crackers in a food processor and pulsing until they are the texture of sand. Or, place them in a sealed storage bag and crush with your hand or a rolling pin.
- Use room temperature ingredients. When making the cheesecake filling, it’s important to let the dairy and eggs sit on the counter for a bit first. This helps create a smooth, silky texture without any lumps.
- Except for the whipping cream! On the other hand, make sure your cream is as cold as possible so the whipped cream sets up correctly. If it looks deflated, chill the bowl and try again.
Can I make this mini cheesecake recipe in advance?
Absolutely! This dessert will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator, so it would be no problem to make it a day or two before your event.
However, the whipped cream will not hold up for that long, so be sure to make it fresh just before serving.
How many mini cheesecakes does this recipe make?
This recipe will yield one full pan, which comes out to 12 individual cheesecakes.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe as needed, as long as you have room in your oven and refrigerator!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Peppermint Crunch Mini Cheesecakes
Graham Cracker Dust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup peppermint candy, crushed
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 3/4 cup peppermint candy, crushed
- Mini candy canes, for topping
Graham Cracker Dust
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Using a medium bowl, add all ingredients for the crust and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners.
- Using a flat bottomed round cup, press the cup into the crust to make a firm crust.
- Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the sugar and cream cheese until combined and smooth.
- Beat in the sour cream, peppermint and salt until combined.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the crushed peppermint candy.
- Scoop 2 1/2 tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
- Sprinkle some more of the crushed peppermint candy on top.
- Bake in the oven for 17-22 minutes or until the edges are firm and a really light golden brown starts to form.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for a few hours in the fridge.
Fresh Whipped Cream
- Using a medium bowl, beat together all ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Pipe dollops on top of the cheesecakes
- Sprinkle some of the crushed peppermint candy on top and place a mini candy cane on top.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.