Pepper Jack Crackers are absolutely show stopping. Great heat, fantastic crisp crackers and amazing flavor!
Happy Wednesday Slow Roasters! Welcome to The Happy Hour at The Slow Roasted Italian. Today we are featuring a fantastic game day snack. These Pepper Jack Crackers are absolutely show stopping. Great heat, fantastic crisp crackers and amazing flavor! I piped these out with a Wilton W789 cake icer decorating tip. These are also pretty easy to make. For a different flavor try my parmesan bacon crackers, a true crow pleaser.
Enjoy the Super Bowl!!!
Here are a few more great game day foods. Our favorite and most popular 7 Layer Mexican Bean Dip.
Also, check out all the great game day foods and snacks here.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet December 1994
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Pepper Jack Crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, softened
- 1/2 pound pepper Jack cheese, grated coarse
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease two baking sheets.
- In a food processor blend together butter and cheese until smooth. Add egg yolk, salt, and cayenne and blend until combined. Add flour and blend until mixture just forms a dough.
- Working in batches, transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a 7/8-inch-wide ribbon tip or Wilton W789 Cake Icer Tip (use teeth side up).
- Pipe dough in long strips 2 inches apart on baking sheets. (Alternatively, working in batches, dough may be transferred to a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk and pressed out in long strips 2 inches apart on baking sheets.) Dough strips may break in places but repairs are not necessary, as strips will be cut later.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg white and a pinch salt until just combined. Brush each strip of dough with some egg white and bake in batches in middle of oven until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While crackers are still hot, slice into triangles and cool completely on racks. Crackers keep in airtight containers 5 days.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.