This white chocolate candy is loaded with chopped pretzels, Oreo cookies, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips. Make them for gifts or an easy treat!
Although this recipe is easy to follow, it does require a bit of time. Allow for a few hours to put them together and cool, or prepare them a day or two in advance.
How To Make Crockpot Candy Crack
Melt the almond bark and baking bar in a slow cooker, then stir in the pretzels and Oreo cookie pieces.
Add marshmallows and a handful of chocolate chips before scooping out the mixture onto parchment paper.
Gently press extra cookies, pretzels, and marshmallows into the tops before drizzling with melted chocolate. Then, cool until set and enjoy!
Video: Oreo White Chocolate Candy
To see us make this from start to finish, watch the video in this post.
Tips and Tricks
- Keep it on low. Cooking on High heat will not make the base melt any faster. It will only cause scorching, and you’d have to start all over.
- Create a swirl effect. Avoid stirring the mixture once you add the chocolate chips. Otherwise, the candies will be more of a solid brown color instead of that signature black and white “cookies n cream” look.
- Don’t forget to decorate! Measure out ½ cup each of the pretzels, cookies, and marshmallows to sprinkle over the candies after they’ve been scooped. Then, a drizzle of chocolate adds the finishing touch.
- Need them to set faster? Place the parchment on sheets pans and pop the crockpot candy crack in the refrigerator or freezer. This is especially helpful if your kitchen is warm or you live in a hotter climate.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Slow Cooker – A larger, oval-shaped crock pot will provide more surface area for the base mixture to melt, which will also help to prevent any lumps.
- 1 Tablespoon Scoop – This not only makes scooping easier, but it guarantees that all of your candies are the same size. If you don’t have one, use a heaping tablespoon instead.
- Parchment Paper – Prevents your white chocolate candy from sticking and makes clean up a breeze!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I use a larger scoop?
Absolutely! You will get fewer candies, but you can always prepare a double batch to make up for it.
How do you store white chocolate candy?
These treats will keep at room temperature for up to 2 weeks when stored in an airtight container. If it’s particularly warm, you may want to store them in the refrigerator so they don’t become soft.
Or, freeze them for up to 3 months and thaw on the counter before serving. Add a piece of parchment or wax paper between stacked layers to prevent them from sticking together.
Can I use baking chips for this crockpot candy?
Unfortunately, no. Because white baking chips do not contain cocoa butter, they won’t melt down properly and may end up scorching.
The closest substitute would be white candy melts, but the flavor won’t be quite the same.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE CROCKPOT CANDY RECIPES
Oreo White Chocolate Candy + Video
- 24 ounce package vanilla almond bark
- 4 ounce Baker’s White Chocolate bar
- 2 cups chopped mini twisted pretzels
- 4 cups chopped Oreo cookies, about 3 sleeves or 1 regular-sized package
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Reserve 1/2 cup each of pretzels, cookies, and marshmallows for decorating the tops of the candies.
- Break apart almond bark and white chocolate bar and place in the crockpot.
- Cover with a lid and program the crockpot for one hour on LOW. Do not stir the candy during this time.
- After one hour, stir the candy to determine if the almond bark and white chocolate are fully melted and smooth. Continue cooking on LOW if needed for 15 minute increments until everything is melted and stirs together smoothly.
- Stir in chopped pretzels and cookies until combined.
- Prepare sheet pans or a lengthy countertop by covering with parchment paper.
- Just before you are ready to form the candies, stir in the mini marshmallows. Sprinkle a handful of mini chocolate chips across the mixture and swipe your spoon or spatula through the mixture just once to create a chocolate swirl throughout the Oreo cookie candy.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop spoonfuls of the candy onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the tops with reserved pretzels, cookies, and marshmallows.
- Continue dropping the candies and sprinkling with the toppings.
- After all of the candy has been scooped, melt the remaining bit of chocolate chips by microwaving in 30 second increments. Transfer melted chocolate into a small ziploc bag and snip the corner off of the bag to use it as a piping bag. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the candies.
- Allow candies to set. Peel the candies from the parchment paper and store in an airtight container on the counter top for up to a couple weeks or freeze for 3 months.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.