Air Fryer Hot Dogs are juicy and bursting with flavor. It’s so easy to prepare delicious beef hot dogs in an air fryer, and they are perfect for your next family gathering or pool party. Just heap on your favorite hot dog toppings and enjoy!
Air Fryer Hot Dogs
My favorite thing about air fryers is that they make easy meals even easier, including hot dogs.
Once you learn how to cook hot dogs in an air fryer, you won’t want to cook them any other way! They are cooked to perfection — juicy with every bite.
Air fried hot dogs are a go-to recipe in my household because they can be put together in 10 minutes or less.
Plus, once you bring out all the hot dog toppings, everyone is guaranteed to find a combination that they love!
Ingredient Notes and Suggested Toppings
- Beef Hot Dogs – Any brand of beef hot dogs will work just fine with this air fryer hot dogs recipe, but the most important thing is that the size of your hot dogs matches the size of your buns!
I recommend the Ballpark beef variety because they taste incredible and are the perfect size.
- Hot Dog Buns – Use thick, high-quality buns that won’t fall apart when loaded up with toppings.
The Pepperidge Farms buns are my favorite because of how sturdy they are.
- Optional Toppings – Add your favorite toppings to personalize air fryer hot dogs to your liking. Relish, ketchup, and mustard are often popular choices.
Hot dogs also taste incredible with chili, diced onions, sliced jalepeños, shredded cheese, or diced tomatoes!
How to Cook Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
- Line Fryer With Parchment. A single layer of parchment in your air fryer basket will make it so easy to clean up afterward.
- Score Your Hot Dogs. Use a knife to score each hot dog 4 to 5 times, at an angle.
Doing this will help them cook evenly while also preventing the casing from bursting.
- Toast Buns Lightly. During the last minute of cooking, place your buns on top of the hot dogs in the air fryer basket.
They will turn out lightly toasted but not too crispy.
More Great Hot Dog Toppings
- Chicago Style – Add yellow mustard, sweet relish, chopped white onions, tomato, pickle, peppers, and a dash of celery salt if you have that on hand.
- Reuben Style – This savory combination features sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing.
- Mushroom and Onion – Sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions add an amazing texture and sweetness to your hot dogs.
- Bacon Cheese – Top with shredded cheese and crispy bacon, either whole strips or crumbles.
- Chili Cheese – Scoop a serving of hearty chili on and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese. There’s no better way to use leftover chili!
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Air Fryer – Different brands and sizes may require different cooking times, so be familiar with your model and make adjustments as needed.
- Parchment Paper – Keep each hot dog in air fryer from sticking to the basket, plus enjoy an easy clean up!
Hot Dog in Air Fryer FAQ
While hot dogs in the air fryer can make a delicious meal on their own, serving them with sides makes the meal more complete.
Try a delicious side salad, like my Smoked Potato Salad or Cheddar Broccoli Pasta Salad. Or, serve them up with a scoop of these Crockpot Baked Beans!
Using an air fryer to cook hot dogs is a great choice because it’s so quick and also mess-free! The circulating hot air will cook the hot dogs evenly, leaving them juicy and delicious.
You also get a better taste and texture when you cook your hot dog in an air fryer — compared to boiled hot dogs — and they’re faster and easier to make than baked or grilled hot dogs.
Storing and Reheating Hot Dogs in Air Fryer
Air fryer hot dogs can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container or bag for up to 5 days.
To reheat, place hot dogs in air fryer at 350°F and warm for 3-5 minutes, or until heated through.
If adding toppings, do not add them until you’re ready to serve — or else you’ll end up with a mushy mess!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Sides To Serve With Air Fryer Hot Dogs
Easy Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- 6 beef hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F. and line the air fryer basket with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, score each hot dog 4 to 5 times, at an angle.
- Place hot dogs in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Open the basket and place buns on top of the hot dogs. Close the basket and cook for one minute longer.
- Open the basket and remove the buns. Using tongs, place one hot dog inside each bun. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published December 2022, updated and republished September 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.