Southwestern Egg Rolls (Air Fryer)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These southwestern egg rolls are stuffed with chicken, black beans, fresh veggies, and cheese. Make a batch today in under 30 minutes!
Not only are these a great party or game day appetizer, but you can enjoy them as a quick and easy dinner as well!
If you love this southwestern egg rolls recipe, try my copycat Cheesecake Factory version. They’re stuffed with avocado and sun dried tomatoes and served with a creamy chipotle dipping sauce.
Looking for more dual purpose foods for the air fryer? You can’t go wrong with crispy wings, pigs in a blanket, or english muffin pizzas!
Southwestern Egg Rolls – Tips and Tricks
- Don’t crowd the basket! Leave space between each roll so they get nice and crispy on all sides.
- Save some time. Grab a rotisserie chicken or use up leftovers from your fridge instead of cooking fresh poultry for this recipe. Use all light or dark meat or try a mix of both.
- Grate cheese by hand. While bagged shreds are more convenient, they have anti caking agents that prevent them from melting down smoothly.
- Make them extra crunchy. These air fryer southwest egg rolls use two wrappers each, but feel free to use a single wrapper. If you do, don’t overfill them or wrap too tightly or they may burst.
- No air fryer? No problem! Place these on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 425°F.
All you really need with this southwestern egg rolls recipe is a tasty dip! My homemade buttermilk ranch is easy to whip together while your food is cooking.
These are delicious with added herb flavor from cilantro ranch or green goddess dressing as well. Even a simple trio of guacamole, sour cream, and fresh salsa will do!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make air fryer southwest egg rolls ahead of time?
I recommend serving them freshly cooked, but you can easily prep them in advance if needed.
Once the wrappers are stuffed and rolled, stack them inside an airtight container and refrigerate until it’s time to cook. Add a piece of parchment between each layer to prevent them from sticking together.
What’s the best way to reheat leftovers?
Just pop them right back in the air fryer! I recommend heating them at a slightly lower temperature – around 350°F – so the centers are fully warmed through.
Leftovers should last 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Can I double this southwestern egg rolls recipe?
Yes, but you’ll need to fry them in multiple batches if you do. If they aren’t going straight onto a party platter for guests, keep each batch warm in a low temperature oven until you are ready to serve.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE SOUTHWESTERN RECIPES
Southwestern Style Grilled Pizza With Chicken
Grilled Southwestern Cheesy Stuffed Burgers
Southwestern Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Slow Cooker Cheater Pork Carnitas
Southwestern Egg Rolls (Air Fryer)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cooked and diced small
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, loosely packed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups grated cheese, Mexican blend, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced chicken, corn, black beans, red bell pepper, green onions, and spinach
- Stir in cheese and then the seasonings
- Lay egg roll wrapper onto working surface, brush water around the outside of the wrapper and lay another wrapper on top to make a double thickness
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Brush water around the outside of the wrapper
- Fold up the bottom of the wrapper then the two sides of the wrapper so the points almost touch. Then fold the top in and tightly roll up the egg roll and place on a sheet pan lined with waxed or parchment paper. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken mixture.
- Lightly brush each egg roll with olive oil. Place egg rolls in an air fryer and cook at 380°F for 5 minutes. Make sure there is space between each egg roll – cook in batches if needed.
- Use tongs to flip the egg rolls and brush oil on the top of the egg rolls. Continue cooking for 3-5 more minutes or until the exterior is golden brown and crispy
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published September 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
I made these Southwestern Egg Rolls fior dinner tonight and they were delicious!!
They crisped up nicely in the air fryer. If you didn’t know, you would think they were deep fried. Only change I made was that I sprayed them with Olive Oil spray instead of the oil. Wanted to save some calories. Will definately make again.
We are so happy you enjoyed the Egg Rolls, thank you for rating our recipe! Have a great day!
TSRI Team Member,
What kind of sauce in in the picture?
The sauce is our homemade buttermilk ranch Have a great day!
TSRI Team Member,