Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are packed with Hershey’s cocoa and chocolate chips. This recipe makes a sweet treat for chocolate lovers!
I have a little ‘thing’ for chocolate. I know most of us do. But, since my daughter was born I also have a ‘thing’ for simplicity. Sure, my best friends could tell stories of me spending days on end in the kitchen creating a fabulous cake with imported chocolates. But, that my friends was my pre-mom life.
I love finding things that I can simplify so I can enjoy every precious moment with my family. Hershey’s is a great place to look for classic simplicity. I found this delicious recipe for Doubly Chocolate Cookies with a few adjustments they were just that! Perfect for us and I am sure they will be perfect for you too!!!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Pasta Fagioli is an incredible hearty traditional Italian dish that you HAVE to try. Loaded with Italian flavor, its so good you may need to double the recipe! How do you say it? Well you don’t say it. You eat it silly!
Best-Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with a secret ingredient to make them extra puffy and chewy!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies. Incredibly warm, wonderful, chewy and moist with little bits of apple and walnut throughout.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, 2 sticks, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare 2 cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine (make sure there are no lumps).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoon scoop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling and allow cookies to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.