Lucky Charms treats are gooey, soft, and have just the right amount of crunch! Try this no bake recipe for dessert tonight with just 4 ingredients.
These marshmallow cereal bars are the sweet treat of your childhood dreams. Sugary cereal formed into a classic snack? Yes, please!
Bars are always a hit at parties because guests can pick them up and enjoy them with little to no mess. Plus, there are endless flavor variations that you can create!
Don’t feel like heating up the oven? Try these no bake peanut butter bars instead. You can make them smooth and creamy or try a crunchy blend in the center for extra texture!
Lucky Charms Treats – Tips and Tricks
- Grease your pan! This is a crucial step – if you skip it, you won’t be able to remove your marshmallow cereal bars. I find that butter or cooking spray are the best options.
- Use fresh marshmallows. If you’ve had a bag in the back of the pantry for awhile, this is not the time to use it. A fresh bag really makes a difference in both the flavor and texture of your finished treat.
- Keep your hands clean. Press the cereal mixture into the pan with a buttered spatula or sheet of wax paper. The marshmallows won’t stick and you’ll get a more even surface.
- Don’t pack too tight! This is a sure-fire way to have Lucky Charms treats that are too tough to eat.
- Add a pinch of salt. This is optional, but a little bit of salt mellows out the sweetness really nicely and gives your marshmallow cereal bars the perfect flavor.
Add A Festive Topping!
To get picture perfect Lucky Charms treats, drizzle green candy melts over the top! Or, use almond bark and add your own gel coloring.
Place 1 to 2 squares in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth. Then, stir in the color.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
How long does it take marshmallow cereal bars to harden?
Not long at all! Once you press the mixture into the pan, they should be cooled off completely after an hour.
You can also dig in around the 20 to 30 minute mark for an extra soft and gooey bite.
Is there a way to make them firmer?
Try packing them into the baking dish a little more tightly if you want something more solid.
You can also pop them into the fridge for a few minutes. But be careful! You don’t want them to come out too hard.
How long do Lucky Charms treats last?
These will stay fresh for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature. Add a piece of wax paper between stacked layers to prevent them from sticking together.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other No Bake Recipes
Lucky Charms Treats
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows 2, 10 ounce bags divided
- 12 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/2 cup green candy melts, or vanilla almond bark and green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows, for garnish
- Brush a 9″x13″ baking dish with butter (or prepare with non-stick spray). Set aside.
- In large pot over low heat, melt butter. Once butter is completely melted add 6 cups marshmallows and salt. Stir mixture until marshmallows are just melted. Remove from heat. Stir in Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until well coated. Then pour in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows and gently stir until combined.
- Scoop the treat mixture into your prepared baking pan. Use a buttered silicone spatula or wax paper to gently press them down (don’t squish them or they will be hard). Add additional marshmallows on top, if desired.
- Melt candy melts and drizzle over Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats. Allow to Cut into squares.
- Set aside and allow treats to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2016, updated and republished February 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.