If you are anything like me, celery is not exactly a kitchen staple. I don’t prefer the stringiness when I bite into it and the earthy flavor is lost on me so I don’t snack on it.
Are you tired of buying celery only to end up using 2 stalks and throwing it away? I was too. After testing several methods of storing it, I finally discovered how to store celery. Using this simple kitchen hack, I can keep it fresh for 3-4 weeks! No more wasted celery.
I do however love the flavor it lends to soups and stuffing, especially in chicken and vegetable stocks.
So, when I buy it I pretty much end up using 1 or 2 stalks for a soup recipe and the rest is left to wilt and inevitably end up in the garbage.
After trying several methods, I finally found a way to store celery in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Kitchen Hack: How to Store Celery
- Stalk of celery
- I start off by cutting the bottom off the celery.
- Then wrap the celery in aluminum foil, making sure the celery is wrapped completely with no holes in the foil.
- Store in your crisper drawer until ready to use. I take out a few stalks and trim up the bottom of the celery again. Any trimmings are great for mulch or you can use them in stocks. You can even pop them in the freezer for later .
- When ready to use just trim the tops and bottoms of the celery and you will have a perfectly crisp celery stalk ready for your favorite recipe.
- My celery keeps fresh for 3-4 weeks this way!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Disclosure: This article was written as part of my collaboration with eBay. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.