This Italian Sausage Pepper and Potato Skillet is loaded with bright and tasty peppers, potatoes, fabulous flavor and is ready in 30 minutes.
Do certain flavors or foods bring back memories for you? This Italian Sausage, Pepper, and Potato Skillet is the perfect example of a food memory, for me. The combination of sausage and peppers truly transports me to a simpler time.
Sausage Pepper and Potato Skillet
I developed this skillet to create a healthier version of the sausage and peppers that I remembered. Loaded with bright and tasty peppers, potatoes, fabulous flavor and a secret weapon that will pack your dish with healthier lean protein.
This Italian Sausage, Pepper, and Potato skillet can be on your table in 30 minutes. You can also try my Italian breakfast skillet, sausage and potatoes skillet, or my beer bacon skillet, that is amazing!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy 30 Minute Meal Recipes
Italian Sausage, Pepper, and Potato Skillet in Just 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (A pinch to ½ tsp- add less if you do not like spicy.)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth, (or 1 cup water and 1 tsp chicken bouillon)
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 bell peppers, (I used 1/2 red, orange, yellow and green)
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add oil and chicken. Break up chicken with a wooden spatula. Add remaining sausage ingredients and stir to combine.
- While chicken is cooking, wash and slice potatoes into coins. Add to skillet and stir. Add chicken broth and cover skillet. Cut onion into ¼” thick slices, add to pan. Stir and cover.
- Cut peppers into 1/4” thick slices. Add to skillet. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley (if desired). Stir and cover. Leave cover on until you are ready to eat. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.