Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Chicken and Rice goes from prep to plate in under half an hour, a one pot simple recipe. Loaded with delicious ooey gooey cheese, nutty jasmine rice, chicken and did I mention cheese? Oh, broccoli too. I almost forgot about the broccoli with all the cheeeeeese in there!
Broccoli-cheese soup takes me back to my childhood. The thought of broccoli florets covered in a thick, rich, cheesy soup still brings a smile to my face.
Honestly, that soup was the only way I would ever voluntarily eat broccoli as a kid.
Looking back I am sure it was the ‘bowl of cheese’ that lured me in, but as an adult, broccoli is my favorite vegetable and cheese is of course still my favorite food. They are a match made in heaven!
The night I developed this dish I realized I had just bought frozen broccoli florets and cheddar cheese and needed a delicious dinner that would be ready in a snap.
I knew right away this was going to turn into the most delicious creation. This incredible one pot soup is packed with chicken, nutty jasmine rice, broccoli and cheese.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Chicken and Rice
Can’t you just smell it? It is so delicious; thick, rich and flavorful. I couldn’t stop eating it. I eventually put the left over bowl in the freezer. It will make a scrumptious lunch!
This Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup packed with chicken and rice goes from prep to plate in 30 minutes and has enough ‘inactive’ cook time to clean your kitchen and call your best friend.
That is what I call a perfect meal! Thick, rich, and delicious are 3 perfectly fantastic reasons to make this soup. Need more? How about a scrumptious one pot meal with only 10 minutes of active cook time?
That’s what I am talking about. Trust me, you want this for dinner. Tonight!
- The butter-flour mixture helps to thicken the soup.
What you will need:
- Dutch oven – I love this set and use it all the time. It is perfect for roasts and I especially love it for my one-pot meals.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Soup Recipes
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Soup with Rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 14 ounce bag broccoli florets, frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Heat an 8 quart pot over medium high heat. Dice chicken into bite size pieces.
- Add olive oil and chicken to pot. Sprinkle pepper and paprika on chicken. Stir. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add chicken stock and cover. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and broccoli. Replace cover. Cook until rice is almost tender (al dente), about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and flour in a small bowl. Mash with fork until completely combined. Add flour mixture to soup. Stir to combine. Add cheese. Stir and reduce to simmer. Let soup warm while you set the table, about 5 minutes. Soup will thicken while it sits.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.