Italian Breakfast Skillet is loaded with potatoes, sausage and bacon. This warm Italian style pork skillet is just what you have been waiting for.
Hearty, comforting, home cooked breakfast. That is what I want right now. There is nothing quite like home cooked comfort food for breakfast and this skillet is exactly that.
Loaded with some of my favorite comfort foods; potatoes, sausage and bacon with Italian flair.
Try these cheesy sausage breakfast pinwheels that are loaded with flavor and easy to make.
Italian Breakfast Skillet
There is just something about comfort food that is kind of like a big food hug. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. A warm Italian style pork skillet is just what you have been waiting for. Serve with a sprinkle of Italian style cheese blend to add more depth of flavor with Asiago, Romano, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Then top with a dusting of fresh basil and an egg over easy (or scrambled eggs if your tastes prefer).
Make sure to check out these other fantastic home style dishes:
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
Italian Breakfast Skillet
- 12 ounce bacon, chopped
- 1 pound package regular breakfast sausage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 8 eggs over easy, one per person
- Italian cheese blend
- Basil for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until almost crisp. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add sausage to pan and cook until almost cooked through. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add oil to pan and then add potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic and onion. Stir to combine and cover, stirring occasionally until potatoes are cooked through.
- Return bacon and sausage to pan. Add tomato paste, basil, additional salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and allow to cook until tomato paste is distributed over the entire skillet. Add ¼ cup of water if needed to distribute the sauce over the entire skillet.
- Serve and enjoy. Serve skillet with an egg over easy, a sprinkle of Italian cheese blend and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.