30-Minute Hearty Pasta Fagioli
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Hearty Pasta Fagioli is a robust Italian soup, bursting with flavor and packed with pasta and beans. There’s also a little bacon tossed in, because lets face it, bacon makes everything better.
This is a simple soup recipe that is ready in 30 minutes, now you can’t beat that.
Hearty Pasta Fagioli
Pasta Fagioli (pronounced Fah Zool in my southern Italian neck of the woods) is loaded with fresh herbs, vegetables and beans. this soup has layers of delicious flavor sure to please your entire family.
You should know, though, if you enjoy leftovers, you may want to double this fagioli soup recipe. My family loves this Italian meal so much that I have a hard time saving it for later– it’s that good!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
30-Minute Hearty Pasta Fagioli
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 29 ounces canned diced tomatoes, (two 14.5-ounce cans)
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 30 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces ditalini pasta
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat butter and oil in an 8 quart stock pot over medium high heat. When butter has melted, add bacon and cook until almost crispy. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Add onion and carrots to pan and cook until onions are almost translucent. Add garlic, thyme sprig, rosemary sprig, and bay leaf. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, tomatoes, beans salt and pepper. Cover the pot and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to the package directions, about 7 minutes. Remove pot from heat, remove and discard herb stems. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Don’t miss our other favorite Hearty Soup Recipes.
BEST EVER Hearty Beef Soup! With juicy
tender chucks of beef that melt in your mouth and a glorious rich soup
loaded with vegetables it is truly the ultimate comfort food.
25 Minute Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken – BACON.BEER.CHEESE.SOUP – You’re welcome.
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Beer Cheese Soup is loaded with thick cut bacon and seasoned ground beef in the most
scrumptious beer cheese soup. One pot, 30 minutes and you have dinner.
I need that skillet lasagna in my life stat
I made some of that fazool (ha ha) for my wife's co-workers the day after they had it from Olive Garden. The entire crock pot of it disappeared by the end of the work day. Good stuff.
Delicious! this is the third time I am making this(and upon popular request)!!
This recipe ia what my Italian relatives made!! I just added carrot.
thanks for sharing!
I am so happy you love it!
This soup is flavorful, comforting, and oh so filling. I love to make this on cold winter nights, and everyone else loves when i do!