Our Barbecue Chicken Salad recipe is crisp and refreshing and loaded with all your favorite barbecue fixin’s. It takes just 25 minutes to throw together!
Do you love barbecue sauce so much you could almost drink it? Me too! I just can’t get enough of it, especially when covering a juicy and tender piece of grilled meat. A barbecue meal isn’t usually the healthiest but this Barbecue Chicken Salad is! It’s filled with lean cut bbq chicken and loads of veggies.
Hey friends! Melanie here again from Garnish & Glaze. We’re already into the February which means we’re on our second month of resolutions. I don’t have the resolution to lose weight but just to eat healthier/eat more vegetables. It does not come easy for my sweet tooth. Salads have been my thing this year because they’re yummy and pack in a whole lot of vegetables.
The great thing is that they still have a little of my favorite things like cheese, bacon, and avocado which makes me want to eat salad. I think you’ll be just as excited to eat this salad as I am!
Helpful Tips to Make Barbecue Chicken Salad:
- For crisp lettuce, soak in cold water for 5 minutes, drain, and dry in a salad spinner.
- Don’t toss with dressing until ready to serve. Dressing causes lettuce to wilt so it’s best to only apply dressing to what you are going to be eating right away.
- Meal prep this by cooking the bacon and chicken ahead of time and chopping up all the veggies. When ready to eat, just dump it all together in a bowl.
- If grilling a day or two before, cook the chicken on the grill and then refrigerate until ready to make the salad.
What You Will Need to Make Barbecue Chicken Salad:
- Non-stick Skillet– Everyone needs a good skillet. I use this almost daily for everything from cooking eggs to browning chicken or ground beef.
- Cutting Board- A big good solid cutting board is a necessity. I have many cutting boards but always come back to this one.
- Quality Knives- Good quality knives are not only important to ease of slicing and chopping but also for safety. You can help prolong the quality of your knives by quickly honing them regularly.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite salad recipes:
Barbecue Chicken Salad
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breasts, 1 inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Lite Ranch Dressing
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Remove drippings from pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon in the pan.
- Mix together paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken in the skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, flip, brush with half of the barbecue sauce and cook another 5-6 minutes until chicken is done (165 degrees F).
- Remove from pan and brush the remaining barbecue sauce on the bottom side. Cool for 10 minutes and then slice.
- Assemble salad with lettuce, corn, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, onion, chicken, and bacon. Add the desired amount of ranch dressing, toss, and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.