Chipotle Honey Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chipotle Honey Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders are a simple recipe for a delicious easy dinner that’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe
This Chipotle Honey Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe is simple, delicious, easy – and full of smoky, spicy, sweet flavors everyone loves!
With the school year calming down, and winter still in full force, I always turn to warm, hearty, and comforting dishes that are perfect for sharing on a cold day – or doesn’t heat the kitchen up for hours on those early warming days as the calendar heads to summer!
This pulled pork is the perfect dish year round – great in summer for parties and picnics, and comforting in fall and winter when you want to cuddle up with a hot and hearty meal. It makes perfect wraps, sandwiches, tacos, burritos, and is even great in pulled pork salad or mac and cheese!
This pulled pork even creates its own rich and delicious sauce that will have you licking your fingers and waiting to make it again and again.
Helpful Tips to make Slow Cooker Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Sliders:
- Don’t worry if the liquid in the slow cooker is thin and seems to be too much – you’ll be making a rich and delicious spicy sauce with it when the cooking is done!
- The slower the better. Don’t rush your pork shoulder or it won’t be tender and juicy, and the fat won’t render properly, making it tough.
- Take the chipotle peppers out of the sauce before blending – they are HOT! Blend your sauce, then taste it. If you’d like more heat, add them back, one by one, until you get a perfectly spicy heat for your taste.
What you will need to make Slow Cooker Chipotle Honey Pulled Pork Sliders:
- Slow Cooker – the slow cooker is almost my most used kitchen gadget, especially during fall/winter! It’s just so convenient, and lets face it, it makes comfort food taste even better!
- Dutch oven – I love this set and use it all the time.
- Immersion Blender – I love this stick blender for sauces, jams, and soup!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Check out more of our favorite Slow Cooker Sandwich recipes:
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
Best Ever Simple Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Jack Daniels Double Kick Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwich
Maid-Rite Copycat (Loose Meat Sandwiches)
Chipotle Honey Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
- 3 pound pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup good honey
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high heat until shimmery. Add pork shoulder to pan and brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- When pork shoulder is browned, add to slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients except honey to slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours. When pork has pulled away from bone and falls apart with light pressure, it is ready.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and place it in a bowl; remove liquid, placing it back in the Dutch oven, over medium-high heat and drizzle honey into it, stirring while you add the honey to prevent it from sinking to the bottom and sticking. Cook until reduced.
- Let sauce reduce, about 5 minutes. Remove chipotle peppers from sauce, and set aside (you’ll want to taste the sauce after blended before adding peppers back, one by one, so it doesn’t get too spicy!)
- When sauce begins to thicken, blend with an immersion blender.
- When pork has cooled slightly, shred and remove bone and any extra fat.
- Serve with sauce and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Easy and mouth watering !
Could you cook it completely on the dutch oven? for how long?
Do you think you could use chicken? I'm having guests and I know they don't eat pork. (I will make this with pork for my fam!!}
Pulled pork has always been my favorite and this recipe has become our go to. The flavor is just wonderful! Perfect recipe!