Best Ever Carrot Cake is loaded with fresh carrots, covered with an amazing cheesecake icing and topped with delicious toasted pecans.
Today we are sharing the best carrot cake I have ever eaten or made. It is moist, wholesome, flavorful, beautiful, and so incredibly delicious! Oh and did I mention it is easy to make? I made it beautiful for a birthday cake, but you can cut the frosting in half and bake it in a sheet pan, as an everyday cake. It is soooo good!!!
This cake is always a show stopper and gets rave reviews. It is often requested! Munchkin enjoyed a sliver of this cake too. Her first bite was priceless, if only I had a camera on her. Have you ever seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit? The character Roger Rabbit’s eyes pop out of his head as he looks at Jessica Rabbit. That is what she looked like as she took that first bite. Eyes huge and bugged out!
This cake is amazing!!! You must try it.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Best Ever Carrot Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks, room temperature
- 16 ounces cream cheese , 2 – 8 ounce packages, room temperature
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cup pecans, Chopped Finely and toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 – 8 inch round cake pans with Baker’s Joy.
- Mix together the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, whisk to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and combine.
- Add carrots and mix well.
- Pour into prepared cake pans and bake until done, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack, then invert on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling prepare the icing.
- In large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and vanilla and blend.
- Spread on cooled carrot cake.
- Using a cake leveler or a bread knife, slice cakes in half to make 4 cake layers. Put a dab of frosting in the center of your plate. Place the first layer, cut side up on a plate. Slide cut 4″x4″ pieces of parchment or aluminum foil under your cake layer to protect the plate from getting frosting on it.
- Frost bottom layer and add the second layer, repeat until you have the top layer on the cake. The top layer should be bottom side up, cut side down. The smoothest layer. Frost the top and sides with the remaining icing. Press the chopped toasted pecans on the sides of the cake. You can add a decorative touch by trimming the top in toasted whole pecans.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.