This popcorn ball recipe uses strawberry gelatin and sprinkles to create a fun pink treat! Make this easy dessert today in only 15 minutes.
Popcorn Ball Recipe
Salty and sweet with a hint of fruit flavor is just the kind of fun your snack time needs! Popcorn balls are really fun to make, and they’re great party treats, too!
Or, whip up a batch of peanut butter caramel corn for an extra sweet treat. It makes plenty for movie night and can be packaged into party favors too.
Craving chocolate with your crunch? You’ll love these hot cocoa krispies topped with even more mini marshmallows and chocolate drizzle.
- Time-saving tip: Since any popped corn will do, grab a bag from the chip and snack aisle instead of making your own! Be sure to choose one without additional flavors.
- Use fresh marshmallows. You’ve probably got a bag in the back of the pantry, but it’s best to grab a new one from the store. Otherwise, they may not melt down completely and the popcorn ball recipe won’t work.
- Change up the flavors! Since the taste of strawberries comes from gelatin powder, try a different one each time or make a batch of each for a rainbow celebration.
- Prevent sticking. Coat your hands in butter or cooking spray before forming each round. A quick wash with dish soap will get the grease off when you’re done.
- Want them more pink? Add a drop or two of gel food coloring for a more vibrant hue.
How To Make Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- Melt the butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan on the stove until there are no more lumps.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberry gelatin powder. Then, pour the mixture over a bowl of popped kernels and add your sprinkles.
- Gently stir until everything is well coated and combined. Scoop out about ½ cup at a time and roll into a ball with your hands.
- Place in a lined muffin tin to cool and repeat until all of the mixture is gone.
Popcorn Ball Recipe FAQ
Why won’t my marshmallow popcorn balls stick together?
First, be sure that the marshmallows are completely melted and stir everything together while it’s still hot.
Second, every piece of popcorn needs to be fully coated in order for them to grab onto each other so be sure to mix thoroughly.
Can I make these ahead of time?
While it’s best to enjoy them within a few days, these should last up to a week when stored in an airtight container.
How many servings does this popcorn ball recipe make?
You should end up with 12 rounds equaling about ½ cup each. Obviously, the amount will vary if you form them larger or smaller.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Scrumptious Strawberry Desserts
Strawberry Popcorn Ball Recipe
- 8 cups popcorn, popped
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallow
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jello mix powder
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Prepare the popcorn according to your favorite way. Pour in a big bowl and set aside.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liner. Set aside
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add the marshmallow. Mixing constantly until you have a smooth texture. (5 minutes)
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the strawberry jello powder. Mix until all combine, and you have a smooth pink mixture.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and add sprinkles.
- With 2 wood spoons carefully mix the popcorn until all coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Roll popcorn into a ball. About 1/2 cup per ball.
- Let it cool and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.