Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is a simple no-knead recipe that is mixed with a spoon and ready to go in the oven before it is done preheating! Loaded with cheese and bacon this is a winner!
I have been playing with some bread recipes lately and have fallen in love with the simplicity of beer bread. They are a bit more dense, but can be mixed with a spoon, there is no kneading and no rise time. That is a perfect option for times when you don’t have 3 hours to make bread.
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
My first few loaves I made with a more flavorful beer and then used a light beer. I can tell you there was a difference. I would stick with a more flavorful beer. You can’t taste the beer, but you get a nice flavor to the bread that could best be described as sourdough-esque. In fact the loaf has that firm textured crust and softer bread like sourdough as well.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
After making a few recipes of a basic beer bread, I tried a few variations. The recipe I am sharing with you today is fantastic!!! Bacon and cheese in beer bread… OH MY!!! Munchkin swiped a slice and devoured it. She kept saying “Mmmmm” as she was eating it. It really is so good and so easy. Prep is in no time. Set oven to preheat and by the time it beeps you will be sliding your loaf in the oven. It’s that fast!
I have made this recipe dozens of times and it is always a home run. Perfect for sandwiches, grilled cheese, french toast and more. How are you using your beer bread. I would love some more suggestions.
- Substitute for beer – If you are sensitive to beer you can substitute lemon-lime soda, or ginger ale. I HIGHLY recommend using the beer though. It gives it an incredible flavor that you will miss out on using the substitutions.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need For Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
- 9 x 5 Bread Pan –
- Mixing Bowl – I like a variety of mixing bowls and prep bowls and this set has them all.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour, 363 grams
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese, I used Monterey Jack, Colby and Cheddar mixture
- 12 ounce bottle of beer , I used Blue Moon
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped (or 1/4 cup real bacon bits)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9″x5″ bread pan by greasing with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center. Add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and full beer into the well.
- Stir mixture with a spoon until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Add remaining cheese. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. You can brush with more butter if you choose.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2012. Updated and republished January 2017.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
So one person told me you can use the selfrising flour instead of the baking powder and reg flowr is that correct? I would hate to mess up the recipe trying it.
Exactly what I wanted to know-can we use self rising flour ijnstead of all purpose and baking powder?
You can use self-rising flour but leave out the baking powder and salt.
This bread sound great! I'll have to try it! Pinning.
Thank you Donna for the nice recipe.
Seems like a little sauteed onion would be tasty in there, too! A must try recipe, thanks!
Made a change did not put bacon in, instead two tablespoons of chopped sliced jar jalapeños came out so yummy! Very big hit! Not to spicy just right. So easy and quick, your family will love it.
I have made beer bread before to serve with chili. It's a great combination of flavors!
made this great bread yesterdag. Super taste. thanks fot the recipy. So we eat this great bread ib the netherlands to !!!!!
I added about 2 tbsp of chopped jalapeño and a tbsp of garlic powder to this and its on the oven now. So excited to try it.
I made this using self rising flour (omitting salt and baking powder)and just 1c cheese, as that’s all I had. Delish! Great with chili, vegetable soup and beef stew!
Beer bread is so good and this one is the best I have had yet! Thank you!