BLT Pasta Salad is bursting with flavor and so easy and quick to throw together. This simple but so delicious twist on your favorite sandwich is always a hit at potlucks and parties!
BLT Pasta Salad
Crispy, crumbled bacon, crunchy lettuce, and sweet cherry tomatoes are tossed with pasta and a delicious creamy dressing for a tantalizing BLT pasta salad!
This simple pasta salad with lettuce is a crowd-pleaser and makes a great side dish or dinner during the Summer months!
If you are looking for more delicious, easy pasta salad recipes, check out my Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing — it’s always a hit and a reader favorite.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Noodles – Choose any variety that holds up well in a pasta salad. Rotini is a classic choice — those spirals grab lots of dressing!
Fusilli, cavatappi, and even bowtie are good alternatives.
- Bacon – Have this cooked, cooled, and crumbled before tossing pasta salad with lettuce.
- Veggies – Chopped Romaine lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes add crispy freshness to this BLT salad with pasta. If needed, swap Romaine with iceberg lettuce.
- Dressing – A creamy blend of mayonnaise and sour cream, plus apple cider vinegar for extra tang. Add salt and pepper to enhance the flavors!
BLT Pasta Tips and Tricks
- Mess-free bacon. Cook bacon in the oven or air fryer! Not only will it be perfectly crispy, but you’ll keep your kitchen clean of all those splatters.
- Keep it crunchy. The tips of the lettuce leaves are sometimes flimsy, so use the lighter green section closest to the bottom stem for maximum crunch in your BLT salad with pasta.
- Avoid soggy BLT pasta. After rinsing and chopping your lettuce, run it through a salad spinner to dry it.
Don’t have one? Simply pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Rinse and drain pasta. Use cold water so the noodles aren’t hot when combined with the mayo dressing.
You can also drizzle noodles with a little olive oil to keep them from sticking together.
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe FAQ
There are so many variations of this BLT pasta salad recipe! Add or swap in different veggies, or bulk up the dish with chicken for a heartier meal.
Here are some ideas of what else to add to BLT pasta:
Yes! Just throw everything together except the lettuce, bacon, and ⅓ of the dressing.
Add those just before serving BLT pasta salad for the best flavor and crunch!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Salad Recipes
BLT Pasta Salad + Video
- 16 ounce pasta
- 12 ounces sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Rinse with cool water and drain, then add to a large bowl. Set aside and let cool for 10-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dressing. In a mixing bowl add mayo, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add crumbled bacon, cherry tomatoes, and half of the lettuce to the cooked pasta. Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Stir in remaining lettuce.
- Serve garnished with chopped chives.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2018, updated and republished June 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.