Ultimate Smores Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Smores brownies combine two classic treats into one decadent dessert. Bake up a batch of brownies with marshmallows today in under an hour!
Indulge yourself in a delicious combination of extra chocolatey brownies topped with crunchy graham cracker pieces and gooey, toasted marshmallows.
Looking for more smores dessert ideas? This dip is a favorite for sharing and comes together with just 5 ingredients.
I also have recipes for campfire cones, crockpot candy, and even hand pies made in the air fryer!
If you’re in the mood for a new flavor, try out Lemon Brownies!!
How To Make Smores Brownies
- Prepare the smores brownie batter and pour into a 9×13 pan lined with parchment.
- Break apart two of the Hershey’s bars and press the segments into the batter until they are submerged.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cover the brownies with marshmallows, grahams, and more chocolate, then place under the broiler until golden brown on top.
- Once cooled, slice into 24 even pieces. Enjoy them just as they are or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Eggs – Pull these out of the refrigerator when you preheat the oven so they have time to come to room temperature. Doing so will help the smores brownies rise properly in the oven and give them a better overall texture.
- Marshmallows – I find that the mini variety melts more evenly, but you can use regular sized ones if that’s all you have on hand. Measure out 4 cups total, then slice each one into quarters.
- Chocolate – Hershey bars will create the classic flavor we all know and love, but you can use 2 cups of milk chocolate chips (divided) or 1 cups of milk chocolate chunks instead.
Smores Brownies FAQ
I like thicker brownies. Can I make this smores dessert in a 9×9 pan instead?
Yes, but you will most likely need to increase the cooking time by about 10 minutes to accommodate the thicker layer.
Start checking at the 20 minute mark to be safe and keep a close eye so they aren’t overdone.
The marshmallow layer on top will be thicker as well, so be sure your pan is deep enough to accommodate both.
What’s the best way to cut these?
If you line the entire pan with parchment, you can lift the entire slab out onto a cutting board.
Spray a large knife with nonstick spray to prevent sticking, or run it under hot water and dry completely. The metal will retain the heat and glide through the layers like butter.
Do smores brownies need to be refrigerated?
These can be kept covered at room temperature for 2-3 days, longer if left uncut.
Avoid the refrigerator since the cool air will cause the treat to dry out and become hard.
Looking for more Smores Recipes?
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Ultimate S’mores Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6.2 ounces Hershey chocolate bars, 4 1.55 ounce bars, divided and broken into pieces
- 2 graham crackers sheets
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt completely. Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and eggs. Whisk to combine well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until completely combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Press 24 sectioned pieces from the Hershey bars into the brownie batter. Each bar has 12 sections, you can place them in a 4×6 pattern to make them even in the pan. Press them into the batter with a spatula until they are covered. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In a medium mixing bowl, break the remaining chocolate bars and graham crackers into bite-size pieces, stir in the marshmallows.
- Once the brownies are cooked through, pour the marshmallow mixture over the top of the brownies and spread it evenly.
- Place the brownies under the broiler until the marshmallows are golden, about 30 to 60 seconds. Don’t walk away from the oven. While broiling your food can go from zero to burnt in seconds.
- Allow the brownies to cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes. Spray a knife with nonstick pan spray to help prevent the blade from sticking.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
These brownies were awesome! I love smores too so this was a no brainer for me. Very moist and tasty!
I make brownies all the time but this is definitely my all-time favorite! Just the brownie recipe will become my new go-to for ALL my brownie creations but adding graham crackers marshmallows and Hershey bars on the top will remind you of when you were a kid and made s’mores. Excellent recipe!
Thanks so much! It is such an amazing brownie, we all love it here. Have a great day!
TSRI Team Member,