Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is a hearty meal that you can make with leftover holiday turkey or ground turkey — an easy recipe for a scrumptious weeknight meal that your family is sure to love.
Hi! My name is Kimberly from A Night Owl Blog, and I am so excited to be here on The Slow Roasted Italian. During the winter months, delicious soups and stews are always a big hit in our home – like this Cheesy Italian Sausage Potato Chowder , or this Chicken Corn Chowder. I love them because they’re easy to put together, especially if you’re using a slow cooker. My boys love them because they are hearty meals that fill their bellies!
And chances are if you’ve had a holiday meal or two, you might just have some leftovers. What I love about this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is that you can start with your leftover holiday turkey or for the rest of the year simply brown a pound of ground turkey – both are equally delicious!
Then you’ll add standard chili ingredients and spices that’ll combine for one easy and hearty weeknight dinner.
Helpful Tips to make Slow Cooker Turkey Chili:
- This is an excellent recipe for left over turkey.
- You can also use ground turkey in this recipe.
- To kick it up you can add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or 1-2 diced jalapenos added at the start of cooktime.
- To thicken up the chili, you can mash one can of the beans in the slow cooker and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is freezer friendly. Allow chili to cool to room temperature. Portion into containers. Top with plastic wrap pressed onto the chili (to help keep out freezer burn). Replace lid and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator and reheat low and slow.
What you will need to make Slow Cooker Turkey Chili:
- Slow Cooker – the slow cooker is almost my most used kitchen gadget, especially during fall/winter! It’s just so convenient, and lets face it, it makes comfort food taste even better!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite chili recipes:
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- 4 cups of roasted turkey, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes, 2 14.5 ounce cans, undrained
- 16 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Monterey jack cheese
- chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- Add all ingredients (except garnishes) to a 5-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through. Top with your favorite garnishes. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.