Craving tacos but eating healthy? Try my Trim Taco Salad recipe! Served on a bed of crispy romaine lettuce, with just enough dressing and tortillas to satisfy.
With a lot of 93% lean ground beef in the fridge, left over from the Guilty Pleasure Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks I made a few days ago, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to make for lunch today.
I was starving, and Mr. W and Em were restless and impatient. Tacos sounded delicious!!! But, I am eating healthy, so how about a Trim Taco Salad? Even more fantastic! Made over a bed of lettuce and Roma tomatoes with just enough dressing and tortillas to satisfy. That is the perfect healthy lunch for us. We also love this pear and arugula salad with parmesan cheese.
Trim Taco Salad
Now, if you have it in your budget, I recommend using 96% lean ground beef. The calories are lower and the fat is remarkably lower!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Trim Taco Salad
- 4 ounces 93% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash SW Chipotle seasoning
- 3 cups romaine hearts, chopped (approximately 4 ounces)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, ripe-chopped (approximately 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat ranch dressing, I used Kraft-Light Done Right Ranch
- 1/2 ounce tortillas, crushed with your hands
- 1 tablespoon 2$ milk reduced fat Mexican four cheese blend, I used Lucerne from Safeway
- Preheat a small non stick skillet over medium high heat. Lightly sprinkle with salt. When hot, add the beef and seasoning mix. Cook the beef, breaking into small-medium sized chunks as it cooks. About 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, place your lettuce, tomatoes, chips and ranch in a bowl and toss well to coat.
- Pour salad mixture onto a large serving plate, add beef mixture. Garnish with a few reserved chip pieces and the cheese. Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2011.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.