7 Can Chili Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
7 can chili soup is one of the best easy dinner ideas yet! Make this quick recipe using seven cans of food, for a delicious hearty meal.
I keep a list of quick and easy mealtime ideas on hand for my busy evenings. I love being able to have a good dinner on the table without spending hours doing it.
Here are 10 quick and easy meals that are perfect to be made ahead and frozen. They make the perfect toddler lunches, appetizers, or serve for dinner with your favorite sides.
Here’s a list of our favorite 25 quick and easy ground beef recipes. Once again solving the frequently asked question of “what can I make with this… ground beef”?
This Wendy’s copycat chili tastes just like the restaurant version. Make this hearty chili recipe for dinner tonight in 30 minutes! It’s one of our most popular chili recipes.
What is Chili Soup?
This dish is thinner than our 5-ingredient easy chili but thicker than a traditional soup. But, it has all of the delicious taste you would look for in a traditional chili recipe.
It has similar flavors as slow cooker taco soup, but better. And best of all, for this easy dinner idea, you don’t have to brown any meat!
So, if you’re wondering how to make canned chili better, I hope you’ll try this easy recipe and see for yourself.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
This recipe uses 7 different cans of food to create a simple, hearty meal that everyone will love.
And, of course, you can make substitutions based on what you have on hand or your family’s taste preferences.
If you’re looking for a hearty meal that you can have on the table fast, this recipe is exactly what you need. Chili soup is also a very budget-friendly dinner idea.
To extend this recipe to make another meal, you can add in a handful of your favorite pasta or even rice. Just be sure to add a bit more water if you do.
Can I use different cans of food?
- This is the perfect recipe to clear out your pantry! You can add in different types of canned products and it will always taste amazing! Cans that go well together are any type of beans, chili, tomatoes, green beans, corn, etc. Even a tomato soup or cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup will work in moderation.
- You can also add in pasta or ground beef for a heartier meal (even though this one is plenty hearty in my opinion!)
Serving Suggestions for 7 can soup
If you have fresh ingredients such as sour cream, parsley, or cilantro, these taste great with this chili soup. You can also eat this dish alongside a side of tortilla chips or even cornbread.
How can I make it healthier?
Because you are not draining and rinsing any of the contents of each can, it can increase your sodium intake.
You can do a couple of things to help decrease the amount of sodium in the meal:
- Use low sodium canned products- especially the beans and tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse the cans of beans. Pour in about 1 cup of water or low sodium chicken broth.
- To make this meatless, use canned chili without meat in the sauce.
- You can leave out the Velveeta or use another type of cheese that is lower in fat. A good option would be part-skim mozzarella or even Parmesan cheese.
This meal can last for up to 1 week stored in the refrigerator. Even though you can technically freeze the leftovers, the texture of the Velveeta cheese may change if you do.
Just store it in an airtight container with a lid in the refrigerator. When you want to reheat it again, just place it back in the soup pot and heat it on low until it’s warmed through.
How to freeze this
If you plan on freezing this chili soup, you may want to only put Velveeta cheese in the broth that you intend to eat right away, then freeze the rest of the soup without it.
You can always add in the Velveeta cheese later, once it’s thawed and you are ready to eat it again.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
7 Can Chili Soup
- 16 ounces Pinto Beans, 16 oz can
- 15 ounces Turkey with Beans chili, 15 oz can
- 15 ounces meat only chili, 15 oz can
- 15.25 ounces corn, 15.25 oz can
- 15.5 ounces black beans (I used fiesta blend), 15.5 oz can
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz can
- 14.5 ounces Rotel
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream
- Open cans and pour into a large pot. Do not drain cans.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in cubed Velveeta cheese and stir until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve by itself or with sour cream and cilantro.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2020
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
So easy for a quick chili! So flavorful and packed with goodies!