Margarita Grilled Chicken has the fantastic flavor of tequila cooked into the chicken with subtle hints of sweetness and a little kick from the jalapeno. The gang is all here in this flavor profile. Tequila, lime, and orange all come together to create the best ever Margarita Chicken. This is one recipe you have to try!
After nearly a year of enjoying some of our favorite grilled chicken recipes and trying several others, we decided we had to share this one with you again.
Truly in our top 2 favorite grilled chicken recipes. Definitely the best margarita chicken ever.
I have tried the recipes that called for margarita mix. THIS.IS.THE.BEST.
Margarita Grilled Chicken
The fantastic flavor of tequila cooked right into the chicken with subtle hints of sweetness from the agave, it is a recognizable touch and one that I recommend.
And, a little kick from the jalapeno adds the perfect heat to this favorful chicken.
The gang is all here in this flavor profile. Tequila, lime and orange all come together to create the best ever Margarita Chicken. This is one recipe you have to try!
Helpful Tips to make The Best Ever Grilled Margarita Chicken with Marinade:
- You can also cook this in the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Pour off 1/2 of marinade, add the chicken and remaining marinade to a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes, until cooked through.
What you will need to make The Best Ever Grilled Margarita Chicken with Marinade:
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite grilled chicken recipes:
Margarita Grilled Chicken (BEST EVER) + Video
- 3-5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, washed and trimmed
- zest of 1 lime, about 1 tablespoon
- juice of 3 limes, about ½ cup
- juice of 1 orange, about ¼ cup
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced (seeded and deveined to reduce heat)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Cuervo Gold tequila
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place chicken in a resealable gallon size plastic bag. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 3-24 hours. Turn chicken occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Place chicken on the counter to take the chill off, about 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side, turning half way to get great grill marks.
- Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.