Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chipotle Corn Salsa is a smoky and slightly sweet side dish made with fresh summer sweet corn. Add a spoonful of the chile corn salsa to all your favorite meals!
Chipotle Corn Salsa
A fresh blend of spicy peppers, sweet white kernels, red onion, cilantro, and citrus juice is all you need to make this roasted chili corn salsa!
It’s the perfect recipe to make copycat Chipotle corn salsa right at home. Plus, there’s an easy shortcut that allows you to have it on the table in no time.
Try more homemade versions of your favorites from Chipotle Mexican Grill! I have recipes for their carnitas and scrumptiously tender barbacoa!
Tips for Making Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- Wear gloves. These protect your hands from the oil found in hot peppers and prevent any transfer to sensitive areas like the eyes.
Remove them as soon as you are done prepping the jalapenos and poblanos to avoid any transfer.
- Adjust the heat. For a milder version, remove both the seeds and veins from the jalapenos. You can also add some sliced grape tomatoes or a dollop of sour cream.
- Use fresh kernels! When it’s in season, roast corn on the cob in the oven with the peppers.
Then, cool and slice off the kernels to use in this Chipotle corn salsa recipe.
- Time-saving tip: Substitute a 4-ounce can of fire roasted diced green chiles for the poblanos.
You’ll have this Chipotle corn salsa ready in under 5 minutes, and it will still taste amazing!
Pair this roasted chili corn salsa with chips for an easy snack or appetizer, or enjoy it as a simple side dish!
It’s also delicious on walking tacos, burrito bowls, or any of your favorite Mexican dishes.
You could even mix your chile corn salsa with some cooked pasta and shredded chicken for a light and easy meal!
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
- Baking Sheet lined with aluminum foil for roasting the peppers.
- Tongs – These grip amazingly well, making it easy to turn the peppers in the oven.
- Mixing Bowl – I like to have a variety of sizes on hand, and this set has them all.
- Quality knives and a big solid cutting board make prepping a breeze and are well worth the investment.
- Citrus Juicer – This gets every last drop out, which makes juicing lemons and limes so much easier.
Chipotle Corn Salsa FAQ
Yes! In fact, it’s even better the next day after all of the flavors have had time to meld together.
Store Chipotle corn salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3 to 4 days.
This will depend largely on the size and shape of the poblanos, as well as your particular oven.
It typically takes about 20 to 25 minutes total, but watch the color and texture to be sure. They are done when the skin is blistered and browned all over.
The mildness of poblanos and the smoky flavor they get when roasted make them the perfect base for this Chipotle corn salsa recipe.
They are also a great starter chile for anyone who is hesitant to cook with them.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Copycat Chipotle Recipes
Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- 2 poblano chile peppers
- 4 cups frozen white sweet corn, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, finely diced (see notes for suggestions on heat preference)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place an oven rack at the upper top position and preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place poblano peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the peppers are totally blistered and browned, about 15 – 30 minutes (depending on the size of your pepper).
- Turn peppers every 5 minutes to roast all sides. Transfer the peppers to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 5 minutes.
- Peel the poblanos with your fingers. Careful the peppers are still hot.
- Cut them in half and remove seeds.
- Chop poblanos and place in a medium bowl with the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine. Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2016, updated and republished March 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Wear gloves when dealing with the peppers
This was a very fresh tasting corn salsa. I have never tried the Chipotle version, but I am sure this beats it by miles considering how good it was. Definitely wear gloves, those peppers get hot!