Strawberry Mozzarella Salad is loaded with mozzarella, roasted almonds and and fresh juicy berries. Dressed with a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, this summer salad recipe is simply fabulous!!
This is such an amazing salad to get your week off to a great start! On The Lighter Side this week we have a Strawberry Mozzarella Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
The textures and flavors in this salad are surprising. The soft creaminess of the mozzarella, the crunchy nutty flavor of the roasted almonds and the sweet flavor of the fresh strawberries all come together to make an incredible treat for your senses.
Served on a bed of mixed lettuce this is an satisfying light dish. I love this salad. I have that bottle of salad dressing in my fridge to use for more salads! Like pecans in your salad? Try my apple pecan salad, you will love it!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Strawberry Mozzarella Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 1 ounce mozzarella pearls
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 8 ounces hulled strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Place greens on a plate, add strawberries, mozzarella and almonds. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette over top (recipe follows). Serve cold.
- Combine strawberries, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt, rosemary, pepper and orange juice in food processor until it becomes a dressing like consistency.
- Pour dressing into your favorite container. Refrigerate.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2011.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.