Summer Berry Icebox Cake is surely a crowd-pleaser. It is an easy summer dessert recipe that is so simple, but looks like you spent hours making it!
With layers of sweet whipped cream, a hint of lemon, graham crackers and fresh berries make this summer dessert recipe my latest obsession!
As the weather warms and flowers start to bloom, it’s time to start thinking about all those juicy fresh berries that are waiting to be made into something special. This Summer Berry Icebox Cake is just that!
Hi! It’s Erin from Suburban Simplicity sharing one of the easiest cakes you can make! You know I love Simplicity….especially in the kitchen! Speaking of easy, my family devours these Easy Oatmeal Bars and these Blueberry Oatmeal Bars. You’ll definitely want to give them a try.
If you have 20 minutes to prep this no-bake cake, you can pop it in the fridge and enjoy its simple flavors and light creamy texture when you’re ready to serve! No need to turn your oven on!
This is the perfect cake to serve for the patriotic holidays – just create a flag pattern on top with your berries!
Helpful Tips to make Summer Berry Icebox Cake:
- Make sure you wash and let the berries dry before putting them in your cake. The excess moisture can make the berry juice run and turn the creamy white layers pink.
- Make it your own creation and add optional topping if you like! Ideas include crushed graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts, a drizzle of chocolate (white or milk) or powdered sugar for dusting.
- You can replace the cream cheese with prepared cheesecake or vanilla pudding if you wish. Just mix it in the with the 3 cups whipped cream as you would the cream cheese.
- Mix and match your berries. Any combination will work in this recipe!
What you will need to make Summer Berry Icebox Cake:
- 8×8 Pan – this one is perfect for baking chicken or making an icebox cake!
- Mixing Bowls – I like to have various sizes depending on the recipe.
- Hand Mixer – perfect for those little jobs when you don’t want to grab the big stand mixer.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite icebox cake recipes:
No-Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, or you can use 3 1/2 cups of your favorite whipped topping like Cool Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 12 graham crackers
- 2 1/2 cups mixture of fresh blackberries, raspberries blueberries, and hulled and sliced strawberries, divided leaving the prettiest slices for the top
- Whip heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer or in a bowl with a hand mixer just until it holds soft peaks. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and whip to combine until stiff peaks form. Do not over mix. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped cream for topping.
- In a separate large bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the 3 cups of whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of the cream mixture in the bottom on an 8 x 8 pan. Place 3 graham crackers across one end of the pan and then break up 1 or 2 more crackers as needed to fill in the gaps to cover the entire layer. Spread half of the cream mixture on top. Use approximately 1/3 of the mixed berries to create the next layer of the cake.
- Top with another layer of graham crackers, breaking them as needed to make them fit. Spread the remaining cream mixture over top and add another 1/3 of the berries.
- Top with the final layer of graham crackers. Spread the reserved 1/2 cup freshly whipped cream (or Cool Whip) evenly over the top.
- Place the last layer of the prettiest mixed berries reserved for the top. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely. Serve chilled and add optional toppings if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.